Should I buy drink package at time of booking or wait for discounts later?

tbmrt

Have Fantastica cabin.  On past cruises special discounts were offered onboard and also in the weeks before cruising.  Is this the case with MSC?

Edited by tbmrt

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

Have Fantastica cabin.  On past cruises special discounts were offered onboard and also in the weeks before cruising.  Is this the case with MSC?

As Dolphin said, you save the service charge by pre-booking.  Also, MSC does not have lower package rates on board as a rule, and if there is any new deal offered in the weeks before your cruise, it is usually only for new bookings.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAGR said:

As Dolphin said, you save the service charge by pre-booking.  Also, MSC does not have lower package rates on board as a rule, and if there is any new deal offered in the weeks before your cruise, it is usually only for new bookings.

My experience accords with JAGR, that aside he is rarely incorrect! 😉

• Haha 3

I added the Easy package to a December European sailing.  I believe the cost was $266 per person for a 7 night cruise and I thought that $38 per day per person was not unreasonable.  The pricing is certainly more attractive than some of their competitors.  I think the USA drink prices may be higher, but I'm not sure.

Fortunately, my soon upcoming northern Europe sailing had Easy Plus included.  But I'd add it now, unless you want to wait a little bit to see if it's added as part of a promotion.  Sometimes, they do that and as part of a promo it's typically a better deal than buying the drink package separately.

Edited by Stockjock

12 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Water, tea and coffee (and milk and lemon slices) are available 24 hours at the buffet. 

Clarifying regarding tea, tea bags are available along with hot water. As far as ice tea goes, it is provided at lunch and dinner on U.S. sailings but not on European sailings.