Yacht Club Pre Cruise Requests

FireEater

I wouldn't get too excited, we got our email today and there is a short list of very ordinary spirits, and a small selection of white/red wines circa. $20 a bottle and a champagne around the same level. .

So unless there is a better list for high level YC Cabins...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I wouldn't get too excited, we got our email today and there is a short list of very ordinary spirits, and a small selection of white/red wines circa. $20 a bottle and a champagne around the same level. .

So unless there is a better list for high level YC Cabins...

We aren’t high level, just a deluxe suite. I don’t want a $20 bottle of wine. I’ll let dh pick out something we can take to his brothers after the cruise. 

I embark with my mother on the Seaside a week from today. We have not received an email regarding our preferences. We are on a 4 night sailing. Our Seashore sailing was 7 nights and we received an email. Meraviglia, 4 night, no email. I’m wondering if length of cruise is a factor in who receives the pre embarkation email?

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

. I’m wondering if length of cruise is a factor in who receives the pre embarkation email?

I don't think so, our Divina cruise in a few days time is only 4 days (we just wanted to see how we like MSC and YC).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I embark with my mother on the Seaside a week from today. We have not received an email regarding our preferences. We are on a 4 night sailing. Our Seashore sailing was 7 nights and we received an email. Meraviglia, 4 night, no email. I’m wondering if length of cruise is a factor in who receives the pre embarkation email?

2 hours ago, talljules1 said:

In 5 days time!

Both of you have fun!  We still have 27 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our cruise is in less than 2 weeks. No requests yet, but then I haven't quite completed online check-in (we still have to take photos). Maybe that's why?

I'm a little nervous because we have never sailed in an inside cabin, but we will be YIN on this trip. We just couldn't stomach the extra $1,000 pp to move up to the balcony. OTOH, with an inside cabin, the AC issue is probably moot!  <<---- looking at the bright side.

6 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Did you get them?  I'm hoping for 1. We're on Seascape in September and the balcony looks large enough.

Yes, we did.😄  Turned out we didn't use them that much, but they were there. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I was in the YC on Divina with my mom in 2021, and we’re going again next month. That was a weird post-Covid cruise, so maybe some things will be different. We did not get an email in advance last time (I think - maybe she overlooked it?). Would they only email her, as the primary name on the reservation? Anyway, I found it very odd that we had to ask for the beds to be separated. We’re two women with a 30-year age difference; the odds are that we are not a couple. It’s odd that isn’t a question in the email. Does the email give options for newspapers, pillows, and booze? We were never told of pillow options on Divina (they were fine). We talked to our butler and Mom chose the newspaper and booze. I was fine with gin, but annoyed that she picked my usual newspaper instead of having the novelty of a foreign newspaper. The YC  really can’t manage to deliver two newspapers to a room?

10 hours ago, PennyHofstader said:

The YC  really can’t manage to deliver two newspapers to a room?

Having seen how much paper is involved I doubt we would ask for one at all in future, but I can understand it being limited to one per cabin.

We were expecting the simple summary sheets we've had on other lines, not the whole newspaper printed out which we received on Divina.