How Does Specialty Dining Work?

Hi Everyone,  How does specialty dining work - I am thinking of dining at Jamie's Italian one night and can purchase this prior to sailing - how does it work, is it a set 3 course menu for the price or can you order as many items as you want - as the menu does not have individual prices?  I just want to know what I am actually buying beforehand as the site does not explain this at all.  Thank You

1 minute ago, rebeccac said:

Often you are limited to one entree (YMMV) but you can order as many appetizers and desserts as you want.  

This is correct. Sometimes if you ask nicely you can get one more entree. I did at CP 150.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TwoWestAussies said:

Hi Everyone,  How does specialty dining work - I am thinking of dining at Jamie's Italian one night and can purchase this prior to sailing - how does it work, is it a set 3 course menu for the price or can you order as many items as you want - as the menu does not have individual prices?  I just want to know what I am actually buying beforehand as the site does not explain this at all.  Thank You

9 minutes ago, cynt said:

I haven't been to Jamies but in other specialty restaurants it is a set menu but you can order as much as you like. 

I wouldn’t consider it a “set 3 course menu”

It is exactly like dining at a land based restaurant, a full menu that you pick and choose from. Appetizer, Soup/Salad, Entree, Desert. 

• Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 1:31 PM, TwoWestAussies said:

Just one recommendation ; get the lamb chops! They are delicious!

I’ve found Jamie’s is great for sharing, it is definitely not a starter/main/ pudding limitation.  Start with the plank, get some  prawns garlic bread and pasta, then the chops and if you have room then the lemon meringue pudding! 

Edited by little britain

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

I’ve found Jamie’s is great for sharing, it is definitely not a starter/main/ pudding limitation.  Start with the plank, get some  prawns garlic bread and pasta, then the chops and if you have room then the lemon meringue pudding! 

I had never tried lamb chops until we were on Ovation in July and I agree they were delicious.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, little britain said:

Black Truffle Arancini balls.  Never tried them until last cruise, absolutely fantastic.