Searching Kids Sail Free

Isn't it basically any cruise?

Also, the fine print is that it has to be the 3rd+ person in a stateroom. If it is just you and a kid in 1 room, then you don't get a kid free. If it is 2 adults and 1 kid, then you get the kid free. If you have multiple staterooms, the same applies. Only the 3rd+. As such, the best deal for say a family of 5, is one of the very few 5 person staterooms.

I am not sure if it is still like this, but when I booked my October cruise a few months ago with the "Kids sail free" option, it was a bit limited.

35 minutes ago, geneticsguy said:

Isn't it basically any cruise?

Also, the fine print is that it has to be the 3rd+ person in a stateroom. If it is just you and a kid in 1 room, then you don't get a kid free. If it is 2 adults and 1 kid, then you get the kid free. If you have multiple staterooms, the same applies. Only the 3rd+. As such, the best deal for say a family of 5, is one of the very few 5 person staterooms.

I am not sure if it is still like this, but when I booked my October cruise a few months ago with the "Kids sail free" option, it was a bit limited.

I don't think it is all cruises, at least I see 30% off option only on the ones I've looked at so far, but not third person free.  I used to be able to see all the ones where kids sail free, but doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

37 minutes ago, dolfan1980 said:

I don't think it is all cruises, at least I see 30% off option only on the ones I've looked at so far, but not third person free.  I used to be able to see all the ones where kids sail free, but doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

Also it's never been on all Cruises, not usually over Spring/Summer Vacation periods, Holidays etc. Then still have to pay Port Taxes for Kids. Also Cabins holding 3-4 passengers lot times are more expensive for passenger 1-2 then a Cabin holds only 2 Max. Most this for OP

• Like 1

To me it seems like a lot of times the total price ends up about the same regardless of the promotion. It is almost as if they change the base price and other rules so that the final price after promotions are applied doesn't vary as much as one might think.

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Also it's never been on all Cruises, not usually over Spring/Summer Vacation periods, Holidays etc. Then still have to pay Port Taxes for Kids. Also Cabins holding 3-4 passengers lot times are more expensive for passenger 1-2 then a Cabin holds only 2 Max. Most this for OP

For sure I agree completely, though I have been able to at least search which sailings it applied to rather than having to randomly look at every cruise.

19 minutes ago, MightyMike said:

To me it seems like a lot of times the total price ends up about the same regardless of the promotion. It is almost as if they change the base price and other rules so that the final price after promotions are applied doesn't vary as much as one might think.

Maybe that is the case now, but there have been times when I have found real gems.  In March 2019 we got a cabin for 5 ppl on the Jewel for $2200 all in Canadian for a 7 day southern Caribbean out of San Juan.  That's my best deal I've had to date.  I'm just struggling to search it now.

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

KSF promo ends August 31.

Starting Sept 1 the promo is 30% off every guest. All sailings departing after Oct 1, 2022.  No blackout dates.

Any idea if the KSF promo will come back or when. I was hoping it would include  April 2023 but I don't see it .

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Any idea if the KSF promo will come back or when. I was hoping it would include  April 2023 but I don't see it .

Might be back in October but that would be the earliest.  It could also be January after the holiday period.  I get about a week or so preview on the next months promo's so at this point its all a guess.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Might be back in October but that would be the earliest.  It could also be January after the holiday period.  I get about a week or so preview on the next months promo's so at this point its all a guess.

I'm waiting to book 3 cabins (for April 2023) when we're onboard Serenade middle of September.  I guess since the KSF promo is ending August 31st I'll just wait and book onboard and hope it returns again and I can apply it. It is available for our cruise dates right now.