Specialty Restaurants, how they work

tectop

I have cruised several times over the years but have never visited one of the onboard specialty restaurants. I know you pay a fee to eat there but does that fee also cover what you order? Also are there a limit on how much you can order. 

Thanks in advance 

5 minutes ago, tectop said:

I have cruised several times over the years but have never visited one of the onboard specialty restaurants. I know you pay a fee to eat there but does that fee also cover what you order? Also are there a limit on how much you can order. 

Thanks in advance 

The fee is the total price, better to book prior to sailing as the Steak House seems to sell out fast along with other specialty restaurants remember on first night you can have a free bottle of either white or red wine (house special). Sorry I have never ordered more than an appetizer, entre and dessert 

Edited by dbrucern

6 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

The fee is the total price, better to book prior to sailing as the Steak House seems to sell out fast along with other specialty restaurants remember on first night you can have a free bottle of either white or red wine (house special). Sorry I have never ordered more than an appetizer, entre and dessert 

Thank you for your response. Sometimes I get torn between a couple of appetizers and find myself wanting both lol. Just didn't know if that was acceptable in those restaurants or not.

Thanks again

I have heard of people ordering two appetizers but I have never done it.  I would ask the hostess before being seated.  I asked about the "free" wine or getting other bottles of wine at 50% off.  I was told you could do one or the other, but not both.  I bought two bottles at 50% off and was able to ask for them wherever we were dining.  Have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

Lol I always order 2 appetizers. Never was a problem. And I might hate one like I hated the oysters.

Even if I dont finish dessert. 

They had a deal on vista you could buy a discount card for 3 meals. I wonder if they stopped after prices went up. Anyone know or ask? Any discount onboard. 

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I always order 2 appetizers. Never was a problem. And I might hate one like I hated the oysters.

Even if I dont finish dessert. 

They had a deal on vista you could buy a discount card for 3 meals. I wonder if they stopped after prices went up. Anyone know or ask? Any discount onboard. 

No discount.  Alot of dissatisfaction with that discount card since it didn't guarantee seating 

• Like 1