Question about wine packages

pmjnh

I am wondering how the wine packages work. When you buy a wine package pre cruise, and I assume you  choose the wines when you on board...how does that work? Do you retrieve the wines somewhere onboard ? You keep what you want in your stateroom (?)and bring one to the dining room, which I know I can leave with them and they will keep it.

thanks

You can pick them as you want them. If you only drink wine at dinner, pick the bottle you want from the menu, give them you room card which shows you’ve bought a package, and that is bottle number one. Want a bottle to enjoy on your deck? Go to any bar and pick the bottle you want and that’s bottle number two.

So, it’s not like at the beginning of the cruise you have to pick them all out and take them to your room. Does that answer your question?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 510picker said:

You can pick them as you want them. If you only drink wine at dinner, pick the bottle you want from the menu, give them you room card which shows you’ve bought a package, and that is bottle number one. Want a bottle to enjoy on your deck? Go to any bar and pick the bottle you want and that’s bottle number two.

So, it’s not like at the beginning of the cruise you have to pick them all out and take them to your room. Does that answer your question?

Yes, that answers the question, thanks so much! 

7 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

The program has been changed. You may only drink the wine with meals or in your cabin. They won’t deliver it to bars or lounges anymore 🙁FB935C04-2B2F-498C-B115-5D5570F11641.thumb.png.fd742406d92cfaebda7a8ad226c1c655.png

Thanks - I don’t see that as a big deal - I’d just request a bottle or 2 be sent to my stateroom and if I wanted to drink it at a bar, Lido, whatever, I’d just take it with me and ask the bartended to keep it there for me 😉 

We’ve actually done that in the past as we were unsure what our plans were.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks - I don’t see that as a big deal - I’d just request a bottle or 2 be sent to my stateroom and if I wanted to drink it at a bar, Lido, whatever, I’d just take it with me and ask the bartended to keep it there for me 😉 

Good to know. Thanks

Another restriction thought up by HAL to increase their profits!  I experienced alot of new charges and fees last week aboard the Eurodam.  Even more important now to know the rules/procedures before you board.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Or just stay longer in the restaurant/MDR until they throw you out, with your still full bottle of wine 🥂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Or just stay longer in the restaurant/MDR until they throw you out, with your still full bottle of wine 🥂

You have a full bottle of wine after eating in the MDR?  😂 😉  It’s never happened to me 😉 unless…..

I order two bottles instead of one 😉 

• Haha 1

Just now, kazu said:

You have a full bottle of wine after eating in the MDR?  😂 😉 

Or just order two bottles instead of one 😉 

That is what I was thinking.  Order a second bottle and then take it with me.  Or a very, very large glass.

• Haha 1