Fun Shops In Stateroom Liquor Purchases vs. Onboard Liquor store

mickeychicky

So curious to know why you can purchase liquor thru the fun shop for your cabin and have it there in your stateroom when you board to consume throughout the cruise, but liquor purchased from the shops onboard can't be delivered until the night before your cruise ends.  ANYONE KNOW what the difference is in this.  I know the bottles you purchase thru the Fun Shop have to stay in the room.

The shop on board is a duty free shop - the same as if you purchased it at the airport or on land.  You are supposed to declare it, but I doubt if very many people do.  You get it the night before disembarkation. You can order bottles from room service for your room, I seem to remember they were slightly more expensive than ordering pre-cruising, just like sodas, etc.

In the past when you ordered the liquor before the cruise the size of the bottle was listed. At that time they were not full size bottles. I just looked on my planner and it doesn’t state the size or quantity of any liquor that’s for sale.

4 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

In the past when you ordered the liquor before the cruise the size of the bottle was listed. At that time they were not full size bottles. I just looked on my planner and it doesn’t state the size or quantity of any liquor that’s for sale.

They've almost all 1 liter bottles (a few exceptions) and I've always seen it, although it could have changed since the last time that I looked (I just looked and it's not on the menu page but if you select an item it tells you in the description what the size is).

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 1