Vaccines no longer required US guests/sailings

styles27

• styles27 changed the title to Vaccines no longer required US guests/sailings
9 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I wonder if these posts will get combined.  This is the 3rd on the same subject in the past couple hours.

I saw one other topic about “testing requirements” being updated but not the vaccine requirement. If there’s another I’ll delete this one if I can 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

I saw one other topic about “testing requirements” being updated but not the vaccine requirement. If there’s another I’ll delete this one if I can 

Well, there are at least three that talk about how non-vaccinated can sail if tested, vaccinated can sail.  It's all from the same statement from MSC.  I see GonzoWCS posting "Yay, Cheers" on all three threads.  I think we could combine into one.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

"Yay, Cheers" on all three threads.  I think we could combine into one.

I guess next, some will ask Charlie Walker to consolidate his lyrics "For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fellow, and so say all of us!"

Edited by morpheusofthesea
punctuation
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I guess next, some will ask Charlie Walker to consolidate his lyrics "For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fellow, and so say all of us!"

I would NEVER ask for a double encore!

3 hours ago, helenb said:

I'm excited! I put a hold on a cruise this morning in response to this email.

Awesome!

I have a cruise booked for December but didn’t get the email.

I happened to see this in a pop up ad which is interesting. 

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

Well, there are at least three that talk about how non-vaccinated can sail if tested, vaccinated can sail.  It's all from the same statement from MSC.  I see GonzoWCS posting "Yay, Cheers" on all three threads.  I think we could combine into one.

For me, if I’m looking at thread titles it helps to have important info like this in the title.
The other thread I saw only mentioned testing in the title. I’m not reading pages of threads to see what’s in them. We all know how far off topic some of these threads can get. 

And as I mentioned in my above response to helenb I still have not received an email from MSC about this and I’m booked and paid in full. 🤷🏻‍♀️Some have received emails. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I still have not received an email from MSC about this and I’m booked and paid in full. 🤷🏻‍♀️Some have received emails.

Our TA sent us the MSC update at 11:03 this morning for this Saturday's cruise. I checked the MSC website at 6 am this morning and it still was not updated. No one working that early in the US offices.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAGR said:

Yay!

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The information is posted on the MSC USA Cruises web site under Health and Safety Measures (at the top of the screen).  I am not posting any details since the MSC requirements vary depending on your itinerary and your own place of origin.  

My suggestion is that folks go the MSC website and read the requirements for their specific cruise.  

But for some of us the news is very good.   Just keep in mind that if you are on a cruise that does not require vaccinations, you will likely need to be tested before the cruise.

Hank

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Yes unvaccinated guests need to present a negative test on US sailings, vaccinated guests do not have to test beginning Sept 1

Its like a weight being lifted off our shoulders. We’ll still bring our free tests with us and test if needed (we have a 14 day booked) but it’s a relief to not have to worry about testing within that 48hr window. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

💃Booked 2 cruises today… Looking at 4 more to book soon! 🌊⛴ Last cruise was Christmas/New Year 2019/2020 on Meraviglia.  Now returning to Meraviglia for Thanksgiving. 🙌

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Why its only for US guests? They get sick less than other nationality's? Really MSC  first you gave Black membership to anyone who wanted it now you make rules only for Americans. We will stay with Princess. Thank you. 

This Canuck is a bit annoyed and confused by this too!  I live near the border, so someone sailing who happens to live a few km/miles away from me, doesn't need a lab monitored test, but I do?  I'm fully vaxxed, so why the heck do I have to spend the extra $ to get a test, if the person standing next to me in the queue to board doesn't have to test!  Totally illogical!!  Other cruiselines are now accepting self-tests rather than the lab monitored ones ... I know there's some logic issues with that too (i.e., how do you prove when exactly you took that negative test), but at least that doesn't differentiate by passport country.  I'm booked on MSC in October and hoping they may see some sense in the next few weeks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, styles27 said:

The US is still requiring international travelers to be vaccinated to enter the US by air so that’s probably why MSC is limiting this to US residents only at this point. 

Yet, the US doesn't require a test for international travellers anymore. So it makes 0 sence for MSC to say that US residents don't have to test, while all other have to. Just plain silly, borderline stupid if you ask me. 

We'll be sailing out of Miami with MSC in November (I know a lot can change by then), but I'll be pretty annoyed if we have to test because we're Belgian, while all the US residents don't have to worry about it.

15 hours ago, styles27 said:

For me, if I’m looking at thread titles it helps to have important info like this in the title.
The other thread I saw only mentioned testing in the title.

Agreed!

• Like 1