Star Pride-Cuadro 44

molemaui

I just booked a Star Pride cruise and found nowhere where I could make advance dining reservations. (We make many of our dining reservations online well before cruise time on other cruiselines). Have I missed something or is this feature not offered by Windstar. 

I was told to make your Cadre reservations ASAP. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 minute ago, molemaui said:

I just booked a Star Pride cruise and found nowhere where I could make advance dining reservations. (We make many of our dining reservations online well before cruise time on other cruiselines). Have I missed something or is this feature not offered by Windstar. 

I was told to make your Cadre reservations ASAP. 

Thanks for your help. 

You cannot make specialty restaurant reservations in advance on Windstar. During the onboard check-in process, there will be a restaurant manager on duty at check-in. That is when you can make both Cuadro 44 and Candles reservations. They cannot be reserved in advance.

Rob

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

You cannot make specialty restaurant reservations in advance on Windstar. During the onboard check-in process, there will be a restaurant manager on duty at check-in. That is when you can make both Cuadro 44 and Candles reservations. They cannot be reserved in advance.

Rob

Thank you! 

16 hours ago, ryndam said:

Rob

Correct, and this is one reason to board early. This has been our custom. We board a little after they open boarding. Make reservations for dinner, dump carryons in the cabin and go have lunch. Stop by reception to say Hi, we're back, the captain who we likely know may be walking around. We're sipping our glass of rose as others begin to wander in. After lunch, the bags are in the room, we unpack and then either nap or go up on top, and see who we know is on the bar crew. Nice day.

• Like 1

Not a problem.  We have never had a problem getting a reservation at Candles even if we boarded late.  On one b2b trip, we had a full day excursion and didn’t get back to the ship until almost dinner.  We forgot about making reservations.  Had no problem getting reservations the next day.  All of the dining venues are good.  Just relax and enjoy.

I recommend making the dinner reservations for early in the cruise. Then, if you want to try for another night, you’ll have more opportunities to return. 

On our British Isles cruise in July, there was so much Covid among the crew that no one was able to return due to lack of staff. I’m glad we went in the first couple days. 

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately our cruise didn’t have all of the restaurants open every evening.  Star grill was never open for dinner.  Grill was open some days for lunch with a very limited menu.  Grill has mostly big communal tables Not good spacing.  Never ate there. Veranda is a good option for lunch.

On 9/27/2022 at 10:05 PM, Redtravel said:

Unfortunately our cruise didn’t have all of the restaurants open every evening.  Star grill was never open for dinner.  Grill was open some days for lunch with a very limited menu.  Grill has mostly big communal tables Not good spacing.  Never ate there. Veranda is a good option for lunch.

Just to clarify - other than the Star Grill (if open) and sandwiches in the Yacht club, Veranda is the ONLY option for lunch.

31 minutes ago, milepig said:

Just to clarify - other than the Star Grill (if open) and sandwiches in the Yacht club, Veranda is the ONLY option for lunch.

Yes, you are right.  Yacht club and veranda were open every day for breakfast and lunch.  Yacht club is open from 6am to 6 pm.  The veranda was open on some nights for dinner as Candles.  Veranda has more seating inside than it did before the stretch.  Veranda has many options for lunch including grilled hotdogs and hamburgers.  Veranda lunch menu changed daily. It always had lots of choices. Some items are on a printed menu. Some are on the buffet. Some lunches had international themes.  Never had a problem finding something to eat.  If you want food anytime, you can order room service.   
Unlike the big ships where you need to reserve before the cruise, Windstar has a more relaxed atmosphere.  Never had a problem getting choice of days or times in the specialty restaurants.  On our September 2022 cruise, we ate at Candles twice.  Relax and enjoy.