Behaviour on Board

swjumbo

First, I will break my own leg before going on a Carnival cruise. (my apologies to you Carny folks...)

I get the drinks package because, as someone mentioned earlier, it gives me the opportunity to try drinks I normally wouldn't order because I would feel bad about wasting the money.  Same for my wife. However, she usually only has a drink twice a year...our anniversary and her birthday. That changes on the cruise...lol. She discovered the Bellini on our last cruise and that's her cruise drink now. Now, of course, she's got very low tolerance to alcohol and is the cutest 'drunk' on the planet after 2 drinks. (If I hear that story about her college roommate one more time...)  Then she gets sleepy and I'm on my own!

All my life, I've been the 'sideline drunk'...people watching and staying the hell away from the crazy ones. And if I find others who just want to yak about whatever (except politics and religion), I'm your guy. I never hit the limit of how many drinks I'm allowed (though I understand there is no such thing with X...) so, yes, it is a cash cow for X and the others as far as my wife and I are concerned. 

But I just like not having to care about it and not having the bill on my account at the end of the cruise. 

Fortunately, I've not had any unpleasant encounters with the obnoxious or truly loud types. Of course, part of that is because if things do start to act up, I'm outta there. There was one Princess cruise where things had the potential to get out of hand but that didn't materialize. (It was a RT from SFO to Hawaii...lots of sea days...)

Looking forward to my Caribbean cruise on the Equinox in January...

• Like 2