New Loyalty Program - Virgin Voyages Sailing Club

_tacocat_

9 hours ago, gkrebs said:

Have a question for yall. I applied for matching status back at the end of August by uploading a pdf file of the screen print of my status on Royal. Never heard or got anything back and not sure how to see if anything was applied to my booking. I resent it again tonight. Any advise? Do i try and call or wait another week or where do I look to see it on the booking?

TIA

Keep submitting using the link. I had same experience and after the 3rd submission, I received an email saying "Congrats, Sea-Rover."

I applied both under my name and my daughter's (my travel companion).  I never heard anything, so I reapplied....then I looked and saw that daughter had been awarded the "deep blue extras" twice.  I never saw that e-mail as it obviously went to her.  About 3 days later, I got the email, but it still doesn't show up under my account.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LibraryLaura said:

We got the emails, too. Not sure where to look online to see if everything credited properly. Do you see something on your reservation?

It would be nice to make sure it's all figured out before we board.

Thanks.

On the VV web site, go to "see my account" in the upper right corner (it is part of the drop down to see cruises you have previously searched.  This is the little "person" icon.  This should show your nearest upcoming reservation, but you can go to "upcoming voyages" across the top to see any others.  On the voyage you  want to look at, go to "add ons" and look at the arrow at the right hand side of this colored panel.  Click on details, and it will open a new area showing the names across the top and any add ons you have--sailor's loot, deep blue rewards, etc.  You can toggle between people in your cabin to see if something got assigned to the other person or whatever.

The process is similar on the app, but my info on the app is WRONG!  It is missing $150 of Sailor's Loot and says nothing about Deep Blue.....perhaps because on line they show 2 sets of deep blue for my daughter and none for me.....I applied for each of us, then when I didn't get it, sent a second application for myself.  I do have the email.

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2022 at 10:57 PM, gkrebs said:

Have a question for yall. I applied for matching status back at the end of August by uploading a pdf file of the screen print of my status on Royal. Never heard or got anything back and not sure how to see if anything was applied to my booking. I resent it again tonight. Any advise? Do i try and call or wait another week or where do I look to see it on the booking?

TIA

I sent mine in via the link my TA sent me. Got an email back saying I get priority embarkation, bottle of Moët, $10 per day for premium coffees, premium Wi-Fi, and one bag of laundry. I am 5 stars on Holland America. Thought that was a pretty good match.

Never got the email the first time, but they applied 2 "Deep Blue Extras" to the booking, both under my daughter's name.  I applied once in each name.  So first, check that it doesn't appear in your booking.  It will be under "add ons" on the website (go to "My Account" and your next cruise should show up, then to Add Ons" and then use the tab at the top to check each person).  Before I knew this, I resubmitted mine and got the email, but nothing ever showed up in my name.  I did question it when I called VV about a different issue and was told to not worry about it.

THey are crazy...It took weeks for my most recent referral credit to appear on the website; it had never appeared on the app.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 5:47 PM, cantgetin said:

On the VV web site, go to "see my account" in the upper right corner (it is part of the drop down to see cruises you have previously searched.  This is the little "person" icon.  This should show your nearest upcoming reservation, but you can go to "upcoming voyages" across the top to see any others.  On the voyage you  want to look at, go to "add ons" and look at the arrow at the right hand side of this colored panel.  Click on details, and it will open a new area showing the names across the top and any add ons you have--sailor's loot, deep blue rewards, etc.  You can toggle between people in your cabin to see if something got assigned to the other person or whatever.

The process is similar on the app, but my info on the app is WRONG!  It is missing $150 of Sailor's Loot and says nothing about Deep Blue.....perhaps because on line they show 2 sets of deep blue for my daughter and none for me.....I applied for each of us, then when I didn't get it, sent a second application for myself.  I do have the email.

This process totally worked, once we booked our bar tab for some reason. Now everything shows up. Thank you!

Virgin assigned 2 "deep blue extras" to my daughter and none to me despite my submitting one under each name.  I even got the email saying I'd been approved.  I called, and shoreside assured me that it wouldn't matter.  True, until I did a new booking on board.  Turns out they couldn't list me as the "primary" in the room because in their records, I didn't have "deep blue" status and wouldn't get the discount.  When they listed my daughter as primary, it all worked.

5 hours ago, ConSolo said:

Cantgetin, give sailor services a call and get it straightened out. They have been really helpful the times I called, with minimum wait times.

I tried that--it didn't work.  THey said is was a back office problem and it wouldn't matter anyhow.  It wasn't a problem till we tried rebooking on board (there was a special for people with Deep Blue Extras.)  They couldn't pull me up, but we got it to go thru by listing my daughter as the first name.  After the reservation was made, we flipped the names so I'd be sure to get all the emails.

4 minutes ago, conandrob240 said:

If both cabin mates have status, you get two packages?

nope - officially, it's per cabin 😞 although we tried to use an extra $1.80 of sailor loot on our 'tweener day on the B2B and they wiped all $12 of coffee credit instead of $10, so TBD if they actually pay attention.

11 hours ago, conandrob240 said:

If both cabin mates have status, you get two packages?

As Tacocat said, it is per cabin, not per individual.  And, if you read the fine print, no matter how many "offers" you may have that include champagne, you are limited to one complimentary bottle per cabin per cruise.  And no, it cannot be used for any other alcohol or anything else--it is a bottle of champagne or you skip that benefit.

Not skipping that benefit! Sounds wonderful! Shake, shake!!!

follow on question.

I read the perks as an AND. Deep blue perks AND $500 red hot booking bonus if you booked during Oct or another red Hot month. Rep is telling me no- it’s EITHER deep blue perks OR the $200 sailor loot bonus. Is this accurate?

Edited by conandrob240

27 minutes ago, conandrob240 said:

I read the perks as an AND. Deep blue perks AND $500 red hot booking bonus if you booked during Oct or another red Hot month. Rep is telling me no- it’s EITHER deep blue perks OR the $200 sailor loot bonus. Is this accurate?

No it is not.

Each cabin can have one Deep Blue Perks AND the Red Hot Bonus. 

I applied for the loyalty match and got the email "Congrats Sea Rover" about 4 business days later. It took about 30 minutes for the Deep Blue perks to show up in the app under my name (just one per cabin). It specifically states "Deep Blue Extras: A collection of unrivaled luxuries".

Then a bit later I got the $200 Sailor Loot from the Red Hot Bonus. 

Virgin states exactly what is included on their website.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yukiie said:

No it is not.

Each cabin can have one Deep Blue Perks AND the Red Hot Bonus. 

I applied for the loyalty match and got the email "Congrats Sea Rover" about 4 business days later. It took about 30 minutes for the Deep Blue perks to show up in the app under my name (just one per cabin). It specifically states "Deep Blue Extras: A collection of unrivaled luxuries".

Then a bit later I got the $200 Sailor Loot from the Red Hot Bonus. 

Virgin states exactly what is included on their website.

This is exactly how it’s worded. I asked her twice and she seemed sure. Did you have to call for the Red hot bonus? 

timing wise. I booked in 10/28. THEN I saw this loyalty thing. Submitted based on my Gold DCL status. Got an email the next morning with the congrats, approved and Deep Blue info. Later that day I saw the deep blue package in my app.

do you have to call for the $200? Maybe I’m not eligible because I wasn’t a tier

member AT time of booking?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, conandrob240 said:

do you have to call for the $200? Maybe I’m not eligible because I wasn’t a tier

This is probably the issue.  There was a mixup in our deep blue extras in that I got the email, but the website and app showed 2 deep blues in my daughter's name and none in my name.  I called shoreside sailor services and was told that they couldn't change it, but it wouldn't make any difference.  Then, when I did the rebooking, they were initially unable to add the $200.  When the onboard booking agent switched the names and listed my daughter first, there was no problem.  The "system" was claiming that I didn't have the deep blue extras and was therefor not eligible for the promotion.

My guess is that you are in the same situation--that the system didn't have you listed as deep blue at the time of booking.  You might see whether you can cancel and rebook now to get the benefit!  I played that game with another booking and saved about $120 in cruise fare.

Edited by cantgetin

20 hours ago, conandrob240 said:

This is exactly how it’s worded. I asked her twice and she seemed sure. Did you have to call for the Red hot bonus? 

timing wise. I booked in 10/28. THEN I saw this loyalty thing. Submitted based on my Gold DCL status. Got an email the next morning with the congrats, approved and Deep Blue info. Later that day I saw the deep blue package in my app.

I had to book the cruise BEFORE I could apply for the loyalty match (since you need a booking number on their form). I received both the Deep Blue Perks and the $200 sailor loot automatically via the app (the sailor loot does not state Red Hot Bonus - just that it is loot). 

When you look under addons on your account in the app it should list everything, including the $300 bar tab bonus they are currently running. 

If something is missing for more than a day I would give them a call.

1 hour ago, conandrob240 said:

The final answer was that I am not eligible for the Red Hot $200 bonus because I used some sort of credit from a previous cancelled sailing.

I hit that sort of thing as well....I'd done a previous "future cruise credit" that I purchased.  But I got it on my new booking.

1 hour ago, angela12345 said:

I was looking at my account online.  Is there anywhere it shows your loyalty status if you don't currently have a cruise booked ?  Where does it show ?  Or am I just blind and I'm missing it ?

The only place I can find it is under "add ons" when I do have another cruise booked.  And that's not right about half the time!

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2022 at 1:32 PM, Yukiie said:

(snip)  I had to book the cruise BEFORE I could apply for the loyalty match (since you need a booking number on their form). 

Yep, here's how the response reads if you don't already have a cruise booked :

Thank you for submitting your Proof of Loyalty Status Form.

After carefully reviewing your application, we're thrilled to welcome you aboard and offer you our Match and Sea More offer. However, there's one thing missing - it appears that you don't have a booking with us in 2022 just yet. With our Match and Sea More offer, you'll have access to our Deep Blue Perks which are only applicable to sailings within 2022.