Is MSC sailing from Venice -- or Trieste?

SonomaMist

I understand that cruise lines are no longer sailing from Venice due to new regulations by Venice, but MSC indicated they are sailing from Venice.  Since they are an Italian line, not sure if they received a special waiver.

Can anyone confirm if MSC is still sailing from Venice?
Thank you!

Some MSC ships have been departing from the Marghera port which is just across the causeway from Venice.  Pax check in at the old Marittima port then bussed to Marghera.  

If you drill down on the itinerary where it says Venice it should tell you which port is used for your particular sailing.

Yes, they are sailing from both. if the cruise says Venice for embarkation, then the ship is in Marghera.  You check in on Venice proper and they tender you and your luggage to the ship to get on and off.  If your embarkation says Trieste (Venice), then it's not Venice at all.  We are leaving out of Venice in October.

See this link about the ports and when you click on them, they tell you embarkation instructions for the port.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/destinations/mediterranean

Edited by Native Floridian 26

21 hours ago, SonomaMist said:

I understand that cruise lines are no longer sailing from Venice due to new regulations by Venice, but MSC indicated they are sailing from Venice.  Since they are an Italian line, not sure if they received a special waiver.

Can anyone confirm if MSC is still sailing from Venice?
Thank you!

My upcoming Splendida cruise is ending in Trieste. About 2 hours from Venice.

Then the ship will sail several sailings from Trieste.

22 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

My upcoming Splendida cruise is ending in Trieste. About 2 hours from Venice.

Then the ship will sail several sailings from Trieste.

MSC shows on itinerary of Splendida repo cruise from Egypt to Italy  “Trieste (Venice)” .. with 2 hours driving distance between Trieste and Venice .. the cities are not close.

What are the options flying back to the US from Trieste ?  Trieste airport has limited number of airlines. Venice is 2 hours away..

Although we like to travel by train between cities in Europe.. it’s not fun carrying suitcases and carry-on luggage.

47 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

MSC shows on itinerary of Splendida repo cruise from Egypt to Italy  “Trieste (Venice)” .. with 2 hours driving distance between Trieste and Venice .. the cities are not close.

What are the options flying back to the US from Trieste ?  Trieste airport has limited number of airlines. Venice is 2 hours away..

Although we like to travel by train between cities in Europe.. it’s not fun carrying suitcases and carry-on luggage.

We are with Lufthansa from Trieste.

We have a 70 minute puddle jumper to Germany them direct to Orlando.

Only thing is the puddle jumper did not have 1st class seating available so I bought the exit row.

Are you on that cruise? We are actually getting on in Jeddah to Trieste. They gave us 3 extra nights for free.

17 days in YC!

10 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We are with Lufthansa from Trieste.

We have a 70 minute puddle jumper to Germany them direct to Orlando.

Only thing is the puddle jumper did not have 1st class seating available so I bought the exit row.

Are you on that cruise? We are actually getting on in Jeddah to Trieste. They gave us 3 extra nights for free.

17 days in YC!

I am looking into that cruise.

13 Nights from Safaga (Luxor) to Trieste

or

14 Nights from Sokhna Port (Cairo) to Trieste

Flight would be from Miami to Cairo.