Internet good enough for Zoom Calls on Radiances?

mattR

Looking at booking a cruise on the Radiance of the Seas however my wife will need to attend some courses on-line using Zoom is the internet reliable and fast enough to do this?  Does the internet still work the morning of disembarkation? 

9 hours ago, mattR said:

Looking at booking a cruise on the Radiance of the Seas however my wife will need to attend some courses on-line using Zoom is the internet reliable and fast enough to do this?  Does the internet still work the morning of disembarkation? 

On the morning of disembarkation, you'll be docked and should be able to use normal cell phone signals.

We got of Radiance 2 weeks ago and the Wifi was OK.  Had Surf and stream and could make Wifi Calls no problem and did upload some pictures.  Did not do anything with video.

We were dropped a lot while when not using the device, but once connected and using, never were disconnected.  We were aft it that make a difference.  

14 hours ago, mattR said:

All ships in the Royal fleet will have Starlink within the next 2 quarters.  Installation is starting immediately according to Royal. Some bloggers have said they will start with the smaller ships first.  Radiance may have the upgrade before the end of 2022 and at the latest march 2023.

My wife has a 4 day conference we were going to go to but then she found out she could attend it online so thought hey lets do a cruise instead, however she has to do a presentation so seems like the internet wouldn't be reliable enough for that so there goes that idea 😞