Passport delays

Fionboard

One of our party due to travel on 2/10 had just over 3 months left on passport. Tried for ages to get an appointment for a fast track (1 week) passport.

Eventually got an appointment in Belfast. She lives just a few miles from Liverpool passport office.

She travelled on the ferry to Belfast for her appointment last Thursday. Passport arrived Saturday.

Edited by Trevor Fountain

1 minute ago, Trevor Fountain said:

One of our party due to travel on 2/10 had just over 3 months left on passport. Tried for ages to get an appointment for a fast track (1 week) passport.

Eventually got an appointment in Belfast. She lives just a few miles from Liverpool passport office.

She travelled in the ferey to Belfast for her appointment last Thursday. Passport arrived Saturday.

I am lucky then!

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

friend of mine did a Digital Check & Send at her local post office.  Got her passport in 10 days.

Same for me. That was back in February. It only cost a few pounds extra.

We applied in April for daughter's first adult passpprt and it was back in a couple of weeks, this was supposedly at a time when there was a ten week wait time.

Some offices may have had problems, but I do know numerous problems were caused by applicants not applying properly, not sending correct documents, having photos rejected etc, but none of that is new.