Dive In Movies, What's going on!?

tap_out

5 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Drink servers need to reassigned to the area, pool watchers need to be on duty, someone does need to run the audio/visual. All are people who are pulled off other duties or who have now used up their hours.  

All of those things already happen whether there is a movie playing or not.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mz-s said:

If the bars are open there are bar servers, if the pools are open there are pool guards, and if the TV is on there is an A/V attendant.

I guess the person who hits play on the Blu-ray player couldn't run the popcorn machine too.

You'll never convince these visa believers that the excuses they get fed are BS to save a buck.

(which after the 2 years the cruiselines had, I have no problem with, just be honest about it.)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bguppies said:

I guess the person who hits play on the Blu-ray player couldn't run the popcorn machine too.

You'll never convince these visa believers that the excuses they get fed are BS to save a buck.

(which after the 2 years the cruiselines had, I have no problem with, just be honest about it.)

I agree - honestly is the best policy. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

44 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

I have never known a government office to run efficiently and effectively (Fed, State or municipal). So,  who do you believe about the problem, Corporate or Government?

I try to read between all the lines.

One thing I've learned in the past 2 years being stuck at home.

It's astounding how much we are lied to by ALL mainstream media and the current administrations.(both)

And by lie, I also include what the media or administrations refuse to show or talk about or try to censor.

Edited by bguppies
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tap_out said:

Bump for anybody recently off that can add......

OK last week on the Sunshine we had two movies a day.

One at 7PM and the other at 10-10:30PM

Jurassic World Dominion, Sonic 2, Elvis and Fantastic Beast -Dumbledore were early movies.
Morbius (twice), the Batman and the Unbearable talent.... were the late movies.

The only one we wanted to see was Jurassic World, but dinner ran late the first night and it was half over by the time we got up there.

Everything else was mostly stuff that has been streaming for months already. (Morbius on Netflix, Elvis, Fantastic Beasts, the Batman all have been on HBO for many months.)

• Like 1

Kind of strange they would do it at 6-7pm. For the whole "staffing issue" explanation, I don't believe that makes sense. Having deck parties would be more difficult with low staff. Showing a movie requires little to no staff to entertain people.

42 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Kind of strange they would do it at 6-7pm. For the whole "staffing issue" explanation, I don't believe that makes sense. Having deck parties would be more difficult with low staff. Showing a movie requires little to no staff to entertain people.

The deck parties are fun but I agree with the staff needed issue.  When we saw "Jurassic World" on deck it was packed with hardly a seat available.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 9/6/2022 at 7:56 AM, tap_out said:

Between this and my review thread seems like a ton of people enjoy the Dive In Movies just as much as I do. Maybe I should forward this onto John Heald?

Also wondering if anyone else has anymore feedback if these changes are happening fleet wide or we just lucked out on the Magic. 

I look forward to watching the movies or special events under the stars.  One of my favorite cruise memories from many years ago is watching the summer Olympic opening ceremonies on deck.

• Like 1