Nespresso machine

ronheg

24 minutes ago, ronheg said:

We like regular coffee and cappuccino.  We are staying in a suite.  We have no idea how to operate the nespresso machine.  are there instructions?  Can i make regular coffee?

It makes espresso 40ml (1.35 oz) or lungo 110ml (3.67 oz, about 1/2 cup).

4 Shots of espresso in a regular large mug half full of hot water is an “Americano” which how the Italians accommodated Americans who kept asking for brewed coffee.  It’s basically just a delicious hot cup of joe.  A better crema than with brewed coffee too. 

4 hours ago, ronheg said:

We like regular coffee and cappuccino.  We are staying in a suite.  We have no idea how to operate the nespresso machine.  are there instructions?  Can i make regular coffee?

The large coffee is kinda regular coffee. That's what we drink. 

Also those TeaForte teas sell for over $2 a bag out at the coffee shop. 

image.png.144911a02438ded88f2bf951dbcc51d2.png

image.png.bfd66cb93d818b30968c183eca3395e9.png

image.thumb.png.6ac9e1060cd99ff87fd520580fcac36f.png

4 minutes ago, tony s said:

Can we bring our own machine. We have a small one and would prefer that for morning coffee 

I don’t think you’re allowed to bring your own coffeemaker.  If you are in the Haven I’m sure they will bring you one of the cheaper coffeemakers from the “lesser” rooms if you prefer.  They are basic one cup makers that use the flat pods.  The coffee isn’t great, but you can bring your own pods.  If you’re not in the Haven your steward will bring you one if you want it.  

personally I’d prefer the Nespresso.  I have one at home and love that little machine.  But they won’t give you one unless you’re in the Haven.  😒

4 hours ago, tony s said:

Can we bring our own machine. We have a small one and would prefer that for morning coffee 

No. It is a prohibited item (like guns and explosives). Item #21.

https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

Your butler would be more than happy to serve you a pot of coffee on a white tablecloth each morning (if you don't want to walk out to the haven courtyard and get it yourself). 

image.png.5f7562f1287c35c3f2306c47a532e601.png

image.png.7ec72d5fd478eef42211cdf2b97262dc.png

Your butler can bring you a French press if you like, but you can still have excellent coffee using the Nespresso without having to drink espresso.

I use a Nespresso machine as my daily coffee maker at home. What I do is make a lungo and an espresso. My husband likes more volume so prefers two lungos. We both put the cream in first so that it mixes itself as it brews, and we don't need to stir. I would say that two lungos are similar in strength to an Americano at Starbucks.

• Like 1

I like the Nepresso coffee/espresso as well. We don't have one at home so it is nice to enjoy on the ship.

One thing to keep in mind is it is LOUD - so if (like me) you want a cup of joe before your SO is awake, the Nepresso machine isn't a good solution...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rbxlady said:

Your butler can bring you a French press if you like, but you can still have excellent coffee using the Nespresso without having to drink espresso.

Great tip.  

The advantage of the french press is that if you’re a coffee connoisseur and pay attention to roasting detail and bean locale, you can bring your favorite roast with you without having to worry about bringing an appliance.  I doubt someone who’s just as happy with an instant would care so much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

Great tip.  

The advantage of the french press is that if you’re a coffee connoisseur and pay attention to roasting detail and bean locale, you can bring your favorite roast with you without having to worry about bringing an appliance.  I doubt someone who’s just as happy with an instant would care so much. 

The only issue with this is that the French Press is already brewed coffee. Perhaps the butler would bring a French Press with hot water so you could use your own grounds...but then, do you need to bring a grinder? I would hate to go through all that trouble and not have freshly ground beans. 

Personally, I just use the French Press served in the Haven Restaurant and the Nespresso. I enjoy three or four cups of Espresso in the morning, so really that's all I need. Some mornings I don't even need the French Press since I'm on vacation. Only when I'm working do I really need all that caffeine! 

• Like 1