Emailing Maitre'd on Carnival Magic

cruise4family

5 minutes ago, cruise4family said:

Hi to all.  Does anyone know the email address for the Maitre'd on the Magic?  We have set time dining for an upcoming cruise but would like to request a table for 2 rather than a shared table.

Thank you for any responses.

They stopped this years ago.  You can no longer email the maitre'd. 

You can request a table for 2 the first night you go to dinner.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruise4family said:

We .... would like to request a table for 2 rather than a shared table.

Hi, OP, just wondering if you've had a chance to try the email route for your request. I'm interested in whether you get a response. We have been on a waitlist for almost 3 months. If we don't hear anything before we board, we'll head to the MDR and try to get a change once on board.

Thanks.

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

There's absolutely no issues getting a table alone for two. ZERO. If there's no two tables available they will seat you at a table for four alone. 

There is an issue getting a table for two. As the frequent cruiser knows those tables for two are so bunched up together, they actually become tables for twelve. If you can bump elbows with the person beside you while sitting and trying to enjoy your meal while the next table over can see everything on your plate, it's no longer a two top. Seating you at a table of four is rare on a packed ship.

However, there are two tops available on some ships.  Requesting and getting those becomes a battle for the utmost.

Edited by BasicSailor

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

There is an issue getting a table for two. As the frequent cruiser knows those tables for two are so bunched up together, they actually become tables for twelve. If you can bump elbows with the person beside you while sitting and trying to enjoy your meal while the next table over can see everything on your plate, it's no longer a two top. Seating you at a table of four is rare on a packed ship.

However, there are two tops available on some ships.  Requesting and getting those becomes a battle for the utmost.

I am a frequent cruiser (6 Carnival cruises since the restart) and haven't had any problems with a table for 2 on any of those cruises). I was on a B2B on the MardiGras in April during Easter so it was a full capacity sailing and never had an issue with getting a table for 2. In fact one evening we were given a table in Cucina that was a little too close to other occupied tables and we requested another table and they seated us at another table right away that wasn't cheek to jowel. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kwokpot said:

There's absolutely no issues getting a table alone for two. ZERO. If there's no two tables available they will seat you at a table for four alone. 

I used to love shared tables pre 2/2020.  Plan on being assigned at a shared table by default.  I was surprised by this.  

On the (full) Glory 8/21 there were zero open tables for two early or My Time early sitting.  They were unable to create one out of a four top - it looked full, and there was a page long waiting list at the "adjust my dining" event after boarding, and MDR said it was not looking good on their wait list.  There was a good sized line also at 6PM outside the MDR.  Late seating was possible/easy.  The MDR to My Time transfer wait list cleared by 9:30PM- we got a note from the app.   Some tables for two in My Time were very close together- it felt awkward not to be in on the conversations.    We tried it the second night and and went back to the buffet selections and poolside seating the rest of the week.   We decided it was like being on one of these $6000 per week luxury yacht cruises.  

On the Valor, 5/7, they made us an assigned table for two out of a four top- early- on the spot.  The MDR was not full at all- like 60%.  

I think on a full ship, the MDR situation for early sitting for two varies randomly.   A guess is with more dinner options on the larger ships, the assigned MDR seats open up.  

Edited by IslandHppy