Walgreens Rapid NAAT rejected by Verify?

smashedpumpkins

I uploaded my test results through the Verifly app but they keep rejecting my test type. The only selection options are PCR and ANTIGEN. PCR is a type of NAAT test. I took the Rapid NAAT at Walgreens and it does not say PCR it says "Rapid NAAT". Holland America specifically says they accept NAAT but I don't see Rapid NAAT.

I can't imagine this would be an uncommon problem. Should I just forget the Verifly app? Or am I missing something and I need to take a different test?

I actually submitted four of our test results and my wife's same test type was approved. I've tried resubmitting multiple times but it has been rejected continuously.

I had a problem with Verifly two weeks ago and their help desk told me to delete the app, reinstall it and re-enter the information again.  I did this and it worked great!  It seemed silly at the time to do this, but at the pier when we were wisked onboard in 30 seconds only I was sure glad I redid it!

Had the same issue with a Walgreens NAAT about a month ago and resubmitted it four times and it finally got approved on the fourth try. No idea what the issue was but I lost hair from it lol. 

Edited by cwd79

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Interesting.  I was thinking of taking the Walgreen’s NAAT but wasn’t sure what would happen with the billing as their website says the rules have changed for travel.  Can anyone offer any insight?

If you tell Walgreens the test is for travel they will charge $129 and will not take your insurance regardless of what you say. I think they're concerned that most insurances will not pay for a travel test and they may have a hard time collecting from you later. If your insurance allows it you can submit the receipt for reimbursement. My insurance does not allow me to submit a receipt but it does cover covid tests regardless of it being travel or for exposure so I told them I had exposure. 

3 hours ago, cwd79 said:

Had the same issue with a Walgreens NAAT about a month ago and resubmitted it four times and it finally got approved on the fourth try. No idea what the issue was but I lost hair from it lol. 

I've tried a dozen times now. I guess I'll just check-in the slow way when I get there.

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I had a problem with Verifly two weeks ago and their help desk told me to delete the app, reinstall it and re-enter the information again.  I did this and it worked great!  It seemed silly at the time to do this, but at the pier when we were wisked onboard in 30 seconds only I was sure glad I redid it!

It's not really an error though. A human actually reads the PDF of my test results and marks it as incorrect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smashedpumpkins said:

I uploaded my test results through the Verifly app but they keep rejecting my test type. The only selection options are PCR and ANTIGEN. PCR is a type of NAAT test. I took the Rapid NAAT at Walgreens and it does not say PCR it says "Rapid NAAT". Holland America specifically says they accept NAAT but I don't see Rapid NAAT.

I can't imagine this would be an uncommon problem. Should I just forget the Verifly app? Or am I missing something and I need to take a different test?

I actually submitted four of our test results and my wife's same test type was approved. I've tried resubmitting multiple times but it has been rejected continuously.

Exact same thing happened to me, and I've heard that anecdotally from others also. Verifly accepted my wife's test result on the first try, but rejected mine 6 times. I just gave up and brought the printed copy of the test results to embarkation. I hate it when apps don't behave as they should...not sure if this is a tech glitch or a human error, 

4 hours ago, smashedpumpkins said:

I get it, but it is still confusing.  I think the simple explanation is that while a PCR Test is a type of NAAT test, not all NAAT tests are true PCR tests.  So the bottom line is that since not all NAAT tests use the PCR methodology it may not be accepted in cases where a "PCR Test" is required.

Hank

• Like 1

Our rapid tests--proctored by our MD--were rejected.  We just got into line with our printed, negative results and were waved into the check in line.  Verifly is a joke as an app.  I don't think it's worth the worry and the effort.  I told the shore staff this same thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boarding NS on Wednesday in Quebec. Flying to Canada on Tuesday... I've always taken the Rapid NAAT from Walgreens two days before boarding ship, but with labor day on Monday, can't find an appointment. I was under the impression the Rapid NAAT is a form of a PCR and can go by the 72 hours... But not positive. Will I still be good if I take the Rapid NAAT test Sunday afternoon for a Wednesday embarkation? 

12 hours ago, OHCruiser said:

Our rapid tests--proctored by our MD--were rejected.  We just got into line with our printed, negative results and were waved into the check in line.  Verifly is a joke as an app.  I don't think it's worth the worry and the effort.  I told the shore staff this same thing.

While I did have problems with Verifly inputting my data, it was great to have on the pier - got inside the building in 30 seconds and on to security.  Others took about 10 minutes they said.

27 minutes ago, cwd79 said:

Ok. So, would it fall under the 2 days or 3 days side of testing?

The FAQs on the HAL website are unclear whether non-PCR NAAT tests are acceptable for embarkation in Canada. In their embarkation in Canada section, they say they require an antigen test within 2 days or a PCR test within 72 hours. In another section, they mention NAAT tests being acceptable. They also say that if you tested but don't have the test results back in time by boarding, they will test you at no extra charge. I personally wouldn't trust that promise.   https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-usa.html#testing

Many airports have a testing center which does rapid PCR. We had to do a 3 hour journey to the airport last week so that ds could go back to boarding school. They buried the PCR test requirement in a long email sent several weeks before. Check to see if a nearby airport is on this list. https://www.xprescheck.com/locations  Cost was $175. Results were available in 30 minutes. Most of the locations are pre-security, so you don't need to fly out that day. 

Edited by boulders