What would you do?

alsa

Hi- I am with the OP so can update 

The people came back 7 and half hours later expecting the towels to still be there.

Gave abuse to a couple who had decided to take two of the beds. We also then got verbal abuse for sticking up for these people. 

Pool attendants were told twice but did nothing about the situation. 

Interesting day by the pool to say the least😂

52 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

The people came back 7 and half hours later expecting the towels to still be there.

Gave abuse to a couple who had decided to take two of the beds. We also then got verbal abuse for sticking up for these people. 

Same exact thing happened to us on the Symphony of the Seas a few years ago in the Mediterranean. Beach bed in solarium had book and towels on it forever so we finally just took it and put their stuff on a lounger next to it. 

They came back over an hour later and started yelling at me saying they had gone to lunch at the buffet, blah blah blah. I just layed there and ignored them. Then they went and got a pool attendant and came over and I said “oh there was nothing here when we got here, sorry”. Then some nosey Karens said “they (we) moved your stuff”. More yelling ensued, I continued to ignore them and they eventually went away. 

You don’t get to go to the buffet and eat a leisurely lunch and hold your spot. Yes I can see running to the bar or running to grab a hot dog or burger, but not a sit down lunch on the opposite end of the ship!! 

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Glitterati said:

Confrontation. Not my idea of enjoying a cruise. 😏 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Same exact thing happened to us on the Symphony of the Seas a few years ago in the Mediterranean. Beach bed in solarium had book and towels on it forever so we finally just took it and put their stuff on a lounger next to it. 

They came back over an hour later and started yelling at me saying they had gone to lunch at the buffet, blah blah blah. I just layed there and ignored them. Then they went and got a pool attendant and came over and I said “oh there was nothing here when we got here, sorry”. Then some nosey Karens said “they (we) moved your stuff”. More yelling ensued, I continued to ignore them and they eventually went away. 

You don’t get to go to the buffet and eat a leisurely lunch and hold your spot. Yes I can see running to the bar or running to grab a hot dog or burger, but not a sit down lunch on the opposite end of the ship!! 

Did you receive any OBC for being pool police and doing thr pool attendants job?🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Or even go to the buffet and bring your plate back to the sunbed, if you can do it in less than a half hour. It’s not that far and it’s always on the same deck, probably for that reason. If I made the effort to get a prime location by the pool, I’d want to eat, drink, read etc there as much as I could. 

28 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Or even go to the buffet and bring your plate back to the sunbed, if you can do it in less than a half hour. It’s not that far and it’s always on the same deck, probably for that reason. If I made the effort to get a prime location by the pool, I’d want to eat, drink, read etc there as much as I could. 

OT: Where in Hudson Valley? I grew up in Dutchess County (Wappingers/Fishkill area).

44 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

OT: Where in Hudson Valley? I grew up in Dutchess County (Wappingers/Fishkill area).

Right now I’m in Clinton which is northern Dutchess near Hyde Park but I grew up closer to you in Poughkeepsie, graduated RCK in ‘86. You went to Jay?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Right now I’m in Clinton which is northern Dutchess near Hyde Park but I grew up closer to you in Poughkeepsie, graduated RCK in ‘86. You went to Jay?

Yep, Class of '72. Small world! Maybe catch you on a cruise someday!!

Bon Voyage!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I agree with this, however, if bullies are not called out, they will continue.

Chair hogging (and line cutting, for that matter), is the behavior of bullies. 

I fully support not being bullied. But auguring with a jerk (chair hog) is useless. IMO, it is unfortunate that chair hogging will never end. One of the reasons I always sit on the deck above the pool deck and enjoy my CBP. I (speaking only for myself) would have sat there with my hands behind my head saying nothing, with a huge smile on my face, starring at the chair hog thru my sunglasses while enjoying my beer. They would either give up with their whining and walked away or did something really stupid that would have involved security and removal from the ship. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

Cruise lines need to take responsibility or as others posted, this never ends. They have the staff. They worry about the hogs who "stole" chairs for 6 hours when they could have been used by others. What about those who cannot find a lounge chair due to the selfish behaviors of some pax?

Enough with this topic. If the lines are fair and consistent, they need all to play by the rules and keep enforcing them.

• Like 3

If  I see a chair unoccupied with towels, flip flops , books, etc., I let the pool attendent know and ask him/her to start the clock and that I expect removal of their belongings in 45 minutes if they dont return. I also let the attendent know that if doesnt happen I will report the attendent to customer service.

Tick-tock.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, IZZYDAD said:

See; this is the problem with the world, nobody wants to take a stand. They want to pass it off to someone else.

Fully agree with you - but to be fair, most people on holiday do not want the grief of an altercation (or worse).

It's really for Celebrity (and other Lines) and the Pool Attendants to sort this sort of behaviour out. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, IZZYDAD said:

Cheshire, I totally agree with you, but the pool attendant don’t want a confrontation either, so nothing gets done.

Disagree. It's the job of the staff member to enforce and remove items left by chair hogs and the cruise lines to back them up for doing their job. Which they shouldn't if the guest would follow the clearly posted rules. That's what they get paid for. Either way the pool attendant is damned if they do and damned if they don't because of a few jerks. They can always get their supervisor involved.  I once reported a jerk while walking early in the morning on the track and this jerk in front of me was spitting on the track. I yelled to him to stop spitting and he flipped me off. Fair enough. I then immediately went to a pool attendant who was setting up for the day and reported it and showed him where the jerk was spitting and told him this jerk needs to be stopped. Within minutes his supervisor and security showed up. The three soon disappeared. 

• Like 2

If you want to be the pool police make your report to housekepping supervisor directly. There trained to deal with a situation involving the guest who's item s have been removed. There not afraid to engage with an irate guest. Their supervisor will believe their version of the he said she said. Pool attendants don't want to get in those situations but are told get their supervisor.

WOW!!! Yep, me, too. We knew the owner, Marty, back when he had the original (silver) diner in the little row of merchants right on route 9...had Urey's Hardware in it. Then he opened the one in the Imperial Plaza. Sponsored our little league team for many years. Occasionally we would walk from the diner over to the Imperial Theater...(it was a single screen back in my day...)

Thanks for making my day!!

Imperial theater.jpg