Pol Acker

SALAD MUNCHER

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, fourmile.ranch said:

Just watched Moonstruck again for the first time in years and noticed the Castorini family dropped a sugar cube in every glass of champagne. Maybe that's what my Pol Aker has been missing?

Add a dash of bitters and call it a pseudo-Chmpagne Cocktail 

4 hours ago, babs135 said:

We had a half bottle on our recent cruise on the QM2 and then to our delight/dismay (delete as applicable) halfway through the trip another half bottle appeared!!!

We’ve just had a half bottle appear, no note or anything, just appeared on the bar! Did you have a note?

On 9/3/2022 at 9:41 AM, babs135 said:

We add some orange juice to our glass of PA which makes it quite drinkable.  Funny/rude comments about Pol Aker seem to be a requirement of every Cunarder, but being honest here..isn't it lovely to be welcomed on board with a bottle of wine waiting to greet you.  Doesn't happen on every line.

Yea much nicer than a bottle of water as with some cruise lines

On our recent QE Panama Canal voyage, the evening before disembarkation, a small bottle of our beloved Pol Acker was left in our cabin sometime after dinner. Not sure why but since it was too late to chill and drink it, we popped it into our checked baggage and brought it home. Could this possibly be the only bottle of Pol Acker in the United States??? North America? The Western Hemisphere?

Jack

IMG_9193.thumb.JPG.3a688ba1f5e7ed61de017d214d2c980d.JPG

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Sorry Jack. In the South of England between Southampton and Bournemouth. Bit of a trek I fear. 

Well, you and Jane have caught me in a bit of a technicality. I was using Western Hemisphere as a metonym for the America's. My bad. So perhaps I will just claim having the only bottle in the United States until otherwise proven wrong. Now that Cunard isn't buying quite so much Pol Acker, perhaps I can find a distributor in the US to bring it in. Let's see, its now after 5:00:PM here, think I'll have a drink. Hmmmm

Jack

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Well, you and Jane have caught me in a bit of a technicality. I was using Western Hemisphere as a metonym for the America's. My bad. So perhaps I will just claim having the only bottle in the United States until otherwise proven wrong. Now that Cunard isn't buying quite so much Pol Acker, perhaps I can find a distributor in the US to bring it in. Let's see, its now after 5:00:PM here, think I'll have a drink. Hmmmm

Jack

🤣