Upgrade Stateroom Refund? (Not MoveUp)

ChrisNY2

I was just playing with the "Change Stateroom" button on my reservation on the Celebrity website. When I click through an upgrade from oceanview to concierge would be a refund of $296.  This seems like a no-brainer, but would I keep my Indulge package and inclusions or would this be a new reservation and I'd lose all of my inclusions?

Screenshot 2022-09-02 135936.jpg

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Did you want to change from a refundable deposit to non-refundable?  That is all we can tell from the screen shot.  

At this point I don't really have a preference on that part - that's just what came up.  

If I click "Confirm" is there another screen where I can see the details before locking it in? Or would I just have to call to get the details of how my inclusions would change?

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the “change stateroom” button..

It's under "manage reservation" -- I think it's only there for cruises booked directly with Celebrity, not with a travel agent.

Screenshot 2022-09-02 150426.jpg

You will not have any more options than what you see there and you might lose your Indulge package.  This feature on Celebrity's website only shows you the lowest fare for cabin upgrades.  I learned this through experience, ours was an easy fix although ended up costing us a little more than what showed on that screen but in your case, it might be harder to get back the indulge package which no longer exists.  If you are interested in an upgrade, I suggest calling Celebrity directly.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrisNY2 said:

It's under "manage reservation" -- I think it's only there for cruises booked directly with Celebrity, not with a travel agent.

Screenshot 2022-09-02 150426.jpg

That's interesting. My reservation only shows "Cancel Stateroom"  Will keep an eye out on this to see if it becomes an option for us in the future.

2 hours ago, ChrisNY2 said:

At this point I don't really have a preference on that part - that's just what came up.  

If I click "Confirm" is there another screen where I can see the details before locking it in? Or would I just have to call to get the details of how my inclusions would change?

I think part of the reason it is showing a refund is that the price is lower for a non-refundable deposit.  I’d be  very careful about changing on line as you could be losing the Indulge package.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jelayne said:

I think part of the reason it is showing a refund is that the price is lower for a non-refundable deposit.  I’d be  very careful about changing on line as you could be losing the Indulge package.  

Yup - thanks so much for all the info on this thread! I'm going to call to see what's available, but will likely just keep my reservation as is - the price with the indulge package was SO GOOD!

On 9/2/2022 at 5:22 PM, jelayne said:

One way to check whether you would be losing the Indulge package is to compare the cost of upgrading to Concierge Class with the cost of upgrading to Aqua Class. Aqua Class fares are almost always "all inclusive" so, if there is an excessive difference between the cost of Concierge Class and the cost of Aqua Class, it will be because the Aqua Class rate includes several perks and the Concierge Class rate does not.  I often see this when I look at rates for new bookings.  For example, today's cost for a 6-night cruise on the Infinity on November 5 is $826 pp in Concierge Class and $1,326 pp in Aqua Class. Looking at the fine print, I see that the Aqua Class cost includes drinks, wi-fi and tips, while the Concierge Class cost is a "Cruise Only Rate".  If the perks were the same, the rate difference would have been around $200, instead of being $500.

• Like 1

We had "Elevated" package with the cruise booked with double OBC (all booked on board). Before final payment, price dropped, we lost elevated (since it is no longer offering) to classic and half OBC. But price difference was worth it. After final payment, for our price we could get an upgrade, but it will cost us more OBC.

• Thanks 1