Nieuw Statendam - Missing Balcony Divider on 8146 and 8148?

AryMay

I have just booked cabin #8146 on an upcoming cruise on the Nieuw Statendam. On the deck plans, the balcony divider is not shown between that cabin and the adjacent cabin 8148. My PCC assured me that it is just a misprint, but I notice the same thing on other websites and also the Navigator app. (He has been wrong before. 😠) The divider is also missing on the deck plans between the corresponding cabins on deck 7. (7144 and7146)

Has anyone been in any of these cabins who can put my mind at ease? I have this fear of showing up and realizing that we are sharing a balcony with our neighbors!

image.jpeg

I would be quite happy that it is just a misprint, or, more probably, an error in the drawing of the deckplan.  It is just a rendition of the deckplan and not the actual drawing used to build the ship and if by any chance they 'forgot' to install the divider when the ship was built, then I am sure they would have retro fitted it by now.

The 'other websites' simply copy the HAL deckplans.  That is why they show the same 'error'.

• Like 1

The balcony divider is also missing between these Deck 7 and 8 port side cabins on the deck plans of sister ships Koningsdam and Rotterdam. I’m assuming if the balcony really was odd it would have been noted on Cruise Critic long ago…but I’m still curious. 

Perhaps I should bring a bed sheet to hang up between the two balconies just in case? 🤔😁

26 minutes ago, brnowl said:

I expect that is one of the adjoining cabins that you can get for family, friends.   When you are not together with others, I feel sure the panel between will be closed and locked.

I don’t think so. If you look at the photo I posted above, the adjoining cabins are marked with a + between them. 

1 hour ago, AryMay said:

The balcony divider is also missing between these Deck 7 and 8 port side cabins on the deck plans of sister ships Koningsdam and Rotterdam. I’m assuming if the balcony really was odd it would have been noted on Cruise Critic long ago…but I’m still curious. 

Perhaps I should bring a bed sheet to hang up between the two balconies just in case? 🤔😁

Not to worry, just a diagram glitch.  You can zoom in on this photo of the Nieuw Statendam and see there is a divider between every cabin.  8146 is the 5th balcony aft from where the cabin decks widens back out.  There is definitely a divider between 7144 and 7146 too.  For reference, there is a person leaning on the balcony in 7142, right next to 7144. ms Nieuw Statendam Itinerary, Current Position, Ship Review | CruiseMapper

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, klrcruiseaddict said:

Did you find out the answer for 7144? We are wondering the same thing.

No answer to the mystery yet. Our cruise isn’t until February, but I will report my findings then.