Capri Pants for Ladies at Dinner? San Diego to Tahiti, Warm Sea Days for Crossing?

SeaDayLvr

Interesting!
Well either this couple was pulling our legs or the crew was pulling yours.

They were part of a foursome who said they were from Texas and their stories and accents sounded pretty authentic! They did some mean country dancing much to everyone’s delight, not that Anschutz isn’t a hoofer too. 

7 hours ago, Sailaway gal said:

We were on the following sailing, 8/22/22-9/9/22 and were told by some of the crew that WS’s owner had just sailed with them - cowboy hat, boots and levi’s!  The owner is from Colorado, owns Xanterra and we envy that you might have sailed with him. If not him, sounds like a great impersonator!  It was a great cruise and  the crew IS outstanding! Never a bad time on WS.

We had someone wearing a hat in Amphora on the just finished Pride cruise.  Also in the lounge during enrichment talks, hindering the sightlines of those seated behind.

I just got off the Star Breeze and ladies did wear capris in the dining room.   I saw sundresses and pants,  also short skirts for ladies.  Nothing formal at all.  I never once needed a sweater in the dining room, the ship was always warm..

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 10:37 AM, Ski Mom 2 said:

We boarded Wind Surf today in Venice. This is the sign at the entrance to the restaurant.FCE2A6E9-1101-473F-ABE3-C56EC3E00E4E.thumb.jpeg.7aa41aa0d7108aacdc9e0a34ea1e0967.jpeg

What a pretentious sign. Another reason (aside from late dinner) that perhaps Windstar is not the right cruise line for me. Thanks for posting so I'm well-informed!

I do not see the sign as pretentious. I see it as a polite way of stating that dining dress should be a bit nicer than beach/touring wear. If the sign was designed it is probably because people are not paying attention to the dress code in the dining room. Happy Sailing

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Strenz said:

I do not see the sign as pretentious. I see it as a polite way of stating that dining dress should be a bit nicer than beach/touring wear. If the sign was designed it is probably because people are not paying attention to the dress code in the dining room. Happy Sailing

Agree.  Nice way to get the point across.  Still had a guy wearing a hat (not a cap) in the dining room and at enrichment lectures.🙄

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see the sign as pretentious at all, just a friendly reminder of the dress code that appears on the WS website as well as in their brochures. I don't mind cleaning up for dinner, wearing something nicer than the shorts, jeans, leggings, or whatever more casual attire I wore that day. I've done this on every ocean and river cruise we've been on. There's plenty of other cruise lines that allow informal clothes (jeans, tank tops, etc.) in their dining rooms,  so if that is your preference, then just cruise with one of those lines instead of WS.

• Like 3

On 11/19/2022 at 11:32 PM, bebtwice said:

I don't see the sign as pretentious at all, just a friendly reminder of the dress code that appears on the WS website as well as in their brochures. I don't mind cleaning up for dinner, wearing something nicer than the shorts, jeans, leggings, or whatever more casual attire I wore that day. I've done this on every ocean and river cruise we've been on. There's plenty of other cruise lines that allow informal clothes (jeans, tank tops, etc.) in their dining rooms,  so if that is your preference, then just cruise with one of those lines instead of WS.

I'm doing exactly that! Windstar was really intriguing (and interesting) to me. Given that they are owned by Xanterra's owner, I figured the customer service would be really great (probably is). In another thread, regarding Windstar's dining times, I did mention that thanks to that thread, and this one, I'll not be utilizing Windstar.

I'm glad you, and some others, don't find the sign pretentious. I do. I also find a dress code pretentious, and certainly not what I want to adhere to on a cruise. That's why I followed these threads: to educate myself on the onboard experience. 

Unfortunately, I'll not being sailing Windstar anytime in the near future. I really do think it would be a nice experience (minus the dinner times and meal dress codes). Alas, perhaps in the future, if Anschutz changes his mind on these items...which judging from frequent Windstar guests, won't be happening as they appreciate them.

I'm glad NCL has the Haven so I can cruise in comfort and without worry of dress codes/super late dinner. Enjoy your next cruise!