Guaranteed Stateroom

Syracusefan44

Depends on the circumstances - what sailing, how well it’s selling, what type of room/fare category you booked, etc.

I think the soonest I’ve personally ever had one assigned was at about 40 days out, but only because I called to add a third person to my reservation and they had to pin down the room to complete the change.

1 hour ago, noddoyll said:

I didn’t know you could ask for a change of staterooms when you had a guaranteed cabin.  I thought you had to just take what you were given!! What cruise line was that on?  

Holland.  You can always ask but it may or may not work.  It certainly depends on the number of cabins still open in your category.  Also, we asked to be moved to another cabin in the exact sub-category.  Thus, it may not help in all situations.  In this case I think it helped me by 1) going through a HAL PCC and 2) knowing which cabin(s) we wanted to move to.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, noddoyll said:

That’s good to know.  With the new reduction in cruise fares,  last  week we were able to get a cabin upgrade from Inside to Guaranteed Obstructed View Veranda for $30 per person.  We were quite happy !!

Now call and ask about adding Club Orange to your reservation.  This comes with an upgrade to the highest level cabin in your category (Verandah in this case) and you get to pick the cabin.  Other perks are included but the perks and costs vary by ship and itinerary.