Bars - table service or order at the bar?

celticGreen81

2 minutes ago, celticGreen81 said:

When drinking at the bars onboard, is there usually table service, or are we ordering at the bar? I don't have a preference, just like to be "in the know" when I walk into a place.

If it's ship specific, we'll be on the Westerdam a week from now.

Thank y'all!

Both, whichever you wish.  

• Thanks 2

Drinks ordered through In Room Dining are not included in HIA.

The Signature and Elite packages have a daily limit of 15 alcoholic beverages, which includes all alcoholic beverages with a menu price of $15 or less (Elite Beverage

Package), or $11 or less (Signature Beverage Package). The Quench Beverage Package includes unlimited non-alcoholic beverages and bottled waters 500ml and under.

The packages exclude purchases made in the Mini Bar, Honor Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay and any self-service draft beer.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Can you get cocktails and drinks served via In Room Dining?

Yes.  But, it will probably be awhile for the drink to arrive if you order it after you are seated.  If you have an open bottle of wine that has been saved for you, it ought to be nearby and ought to be able to be served ASAP.

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Yes.  But, it will probably be awhile for the drink to arrive if you order it after you are seated.  If you have an open bottle of wine that has been saved for you, it ought to be nearby and ought to be able to be served ASAP.

@rkacruiserI believe your response is referring to the Main Dining Room drinks service.  Yes?

You can be brought drinks with a room service delivery, but they will be charged at the full price to your account.  Personally, I would only order a drink in a closed container such as beer or wine.  I'd worry that part of a martini or other drink in a glass would be spilled out on the trip to the room!!

😲

Did anyone here on CC ever order a cocktail in a glass by room service?  Did it spill?

~Nancy

11 hours ago, oakridger said:

@rkacruiserI believe your response is referring to the Main Dining Room drinks service.  Yes?

You can be brought drinks with a room service delivery, but they will be charged at the full price to your account.  Personally, I would only order a drink in a closed container such as beer or wine.  I'd worry that part of a martini or other drink in a glass would be spilled out on the trip to the room!!

😲

Did anyone here on CC ever order a cocktail in a glass by room service?  Did it spill?

~Nancy

Not on HAL, but this past summer on Island Princess we were both in quarantine together.  Room service would bring a glass of wine or glass of whiskey/bourbon upon request with your meal, etc.  They tightly covered the drinks in plastic wrap so no spills.  I would think HAL would do the same thing.  

BTW, only good thing about quarantine is all food service is free even if there normally was a charge for it.  We got a pizza delivered to us free of charge, DH had a steak his last night without the $19 surcharge.  They even brought bags of popcorn from Movies Under the Stars as DH requested.  We also had a beverage package so ordered alcoholic drinks whenever we wanted them.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2022 at 6:55 AM, cruisetravlr said:

Drinks ordered through In Room Dining are not included in HIA.

The Signature and Elite packages have a daily limit of 15 alcoholic beverages, which includes all alcoholic beverages with a menu price of $15 or less (Elite Beverage

Package), or $11 or less (Signature Beverage Package). The Quench Beverage Package includes unlimited non-alcoholic beverages and bottled waters 500ml and under.

The packages exclude purchases made in the Mini Bar, Honor Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay and any self-service draft beer.

Our last HAL cruise was Thanksgiving 2019, before the Covid Pause. We are happy to be back with several sailings on Konsingdam late November thru early January. 

Our post-Covid return to cruising was a Princess Alaska sailing in July. I was surprised to find that beverage package drinks could be ordered to our room. It was Very Nice at night when we didn’t want to venture to a bar but were looking for A Little Something to cap off the day.

Here’s hoping HAL eventually considers letting us use the beverage packages with room service. We always tip well so the staff are happy to deliver.