Change Cruise Date, What are the penalties?

lele100

We are thinking of changing our cruise date.  I believe we are Early Saver.  If I read correctly it will cost $50 per person to change the date,  What I was wondering is will we lose our OBC?  also we already paid for Drink Pkg will that be automatically transferred?  FYI we are not in Final payment yet only deposit

Thanks

1 hour ago, lele100 said:

We are thinking of changing our cruise date.  I believe we are Early Saver.  If I read correctly it will cost $50 per person to change the date,  What I was wondering is will we lose our OBC?  also we already paid for Drink Pkg will that be automatically transferred?  FYI we are not in Final payment yet only deposit

Thanks

20 minutes ago, lele100 said:

That sucks, I paid for the drink pkg before the prices went up 

Do you have a Carnival PVP, and did you book this cruise with him/her?  If so, call your PVP and do your cancellation/rebook with him/her.  And ask about the possibility of keeping your original drink package price (and even the waiving of the $50 per person fee).  You might be pleasantly surprised at what a good PVP is willing and able to do for you.😉 Good luck!

Edited by ShakyBeef
typo

Just now, ShakyBeef said:

Do you have a Carnival PVP, and did you book this cruise with him/her?  If so, call your PVP and do your cancellation/rebook with him/her.  And ask about the possibility keeping your original drink package price (and even the waiving of the $50 per person fee).  You might be pleasantly surprised at what a good PVP is willing and able to do for you.😉 Good luck!

They might be able to get around the $50 early saver fee - I have had success with that as well - but the Cheers thing? They have no control over that. No harm in asking but I wouldn't get too bent out of shape when the answer is "sorry, no"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lele100 said:

Thanks

The OBC depends on what it was from.  If it was tied to the cruise rate you booked this cruise under, then yes you will lose it.  You would be rebooking under a different cruise rate and would get whatever is offered at that time (and any OBC if that is part of the offer). But some OBC's should transfer.  So, like us, we had the OBC that came from keeping a cruise booked through the Pandemic and even though we had to move that same cruise like 6 times, that OBC transferred to the new cruise every time.

Drink package has to be be cancelled, nothing even a PVP can do about that because when the cruise is cancelled so is the extras you bought and you have to rebuy.  A PVP may be able to get you out of the $50 penalty, but right now they are REALLY clamping down on this.  Our PVP ALWAYS gets us out of it, but in the last couple weeks I called and asked about possibly moving a cruise, and he said he couldn't waive it due to them get strict on it right now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Do you have a Carnival PVP, and did you book this cruise with him/her?  If so, call your PVP and do your cancellation/rebook with him/her.  And ask about the possibility of keeping your original drink package price (and even the waiving of the $50 per person fee).  You might be pleasantly surprised at what a good PVP is willing and able to do for you.😉 Good luck!

I do thank you I will try

I have moved my cruise three times and kept my $198 deposit for each ....I believe this is a covid thing

and yes because the $500 on board credit was still part of the promotion I moved from this November to next April I got this as well.  And the most recent revision was easy with only being on hold for a few minute.

Just now, Daddyfto said:

I have moved my cruise three times and kept my $198 deposit for each ....I believe this is a covid thing

and yes because the $500 on board credit was still part of the promotion I moved from this November to next April I got this as well.  And the most recent revision was easy with only being on hold for a few minute.

Also I had booked the drink package before the price increase but that went with the revision and I will have to re-book at the new price

I moved our sailing- Same sail date, different ship- & they did not apply any penalties & I kept the OBC, but I think they also re-booked us under the same rate code. 1 cabin was early saver & 1 was a different deal. No penalty applied for either, 

I didn’t have cheers though so I cannot comment on that. Doesn’t hurt to call & ask. 

34 minutes ago, Drose716 said:

I moved our sailing- Same sail date, different ship- & they did not apply any penalties & I kept the OBC, but I think they also re-booked us under the same rate code. 1 cabin was early saver & 1 was a different deal. No penalty applied for either, 

I didn’t have cheers though so I cannot comment on that. Doesn’t hurt to call & ask. 

was this before or after final payment date?