Silhouette dining questions...

big al

Hi guys & gals..DW & I are doing the 5 night NYE Silhouette cruise to Cozumel & Key West..we are probably going to do 2 specialty dining venues..Le Petit Chef sounds like fun, even though most say the food is only "OK"..question is about one of the other 3 I want to book: Tuscan Grill, The Porch, and the Club Grill..FYI my wife & I love steaks, she likes fish, while I also like lobster, shrimp...I know food is very subjective, but we never been on the Silhouette , and actually it's been 25 years since we cruised on Celebrity..any advice, opinions, thoughts would be great! Thanks!

Big Al

P.S.- is there a lobster tail night usually?

3 hours ago, big al said:

Hi guys & gals..DW & I are doing the 5 night NYE Silhouette cruise to Cozumel & Key West..we are probably going to do 2 specialty dining venues..Le Petit Chef sounds like fun, even though most say the food is only "OK"..question is about one of the other 3 I want to book: Tuscan Grill, The Porch, and the Club Grill..FYI my wife & I love steaks, she likes fish, while I also like lobster, shrimp...I know food is very subjective, but we never been on the Silhouette , and actually it's been 25 years since we cruised on Celebrity..any advice, opinions, thoughts would be great! Thanks!

Big Al

P.S.- is there a lobster tail night usually?

It depends on what you are looking for.
The lawn club is good. We are probably on cruise 9 or 10 on Silhouette and we always go there. There are a number of fish dishes - scallops and shrimp and Salmon plus excellent steaks.

Tuscan always leaves me in a mix. The food is either great or poor and you really don’t know which you are going to get and that is our opinion over a 22 cruise 10 year experience. It should be so much more consistent but we have continued to be disappointed. They keep asking us to go back and they will get it right next time but they have run out of chances for us.

Murano has always been very good food but at times the staff are a shade pretentious for our liking but we have never had a bad meal there.

We have never done the Petite Chef but as far as we are concerned it is a one done and over experience.

Sushi on 5 we have no experience of but I am sure that I would enjoy it but my wife not meaning we have not been there. 

The Porch we like but we would only use it if it was included in the room because we feel if is overpriced for what you get especially if Luminae is open as we usually travel in a suite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

It depends on what you are looking for.
The lawn club is good. We are probably on cruise 9 or 10 on Silhouette and we always go there. There are a number of fish dishes - scallops and shrimp and Salmon plus excellent steaks.

Tuscan always leaves me in a mix. The food is either great or poor and you really don’t know which you are going to get and that is our opinion over a 22 cruise 10 year experience. It should be so much more consistent but we have continued to be disappointed. They keep asking us to go back and they will get it right next time but they have run out of chances for us.

Murano has always been very good food but at times the staff are a shade pretentious for our liking but we have never had a bad meal there.

We have never done the Petite Chef but as far as we are concerned it is a one done and over experience.

Sushi on 5 we have no experience of but I am sure that I would enjoy it but my wife not meaning we have not been there. 

The Porch we like but we would only use it if it was included in the room because we feel if is overpriced for what you get especially if Luminae is open as we usually travel in a suite.

Thanks..BTW, my ex wife id from Brechin!!

We did the Silhouette last December.  Chefs and staff change, but if you are doing 2 packages, I'd do Petit Chef and Murano.  The food in Petit Chef was good enough to make the experience worth it.  It was entertaining.  They apparently change their show and menu several times during the sailing (maybe not on a 5 night).  I'd definitely do it again.  For the other, I'd recommend Murano.  Based on your description of DW's tastes, she will probably like Murano, and keeping her happy is key I'm guessing. 🙂  We have only done Lawn Club for lunch and found it really basic and underwhelming.  Maybe the dinners are better - looking at some comments above it probably is.  

• Like 1