Testing 3 Days Before to Board

NWT Cruiser

The following is from the Royal Caribbean Cruiseline;

Fully vaccinated guests 5 years of age and older must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day on sailings that are 10 nights or longer only. Testing is not required for fully vaccinated guests on shorter itineraries. 

I can't remember how this works ... our 14 night cruise leaves Cape Liberty on Oct. 27th.  We are leaving our hometown on Oct. 25th at 6 AM and will be spending two nights in New York City.  If we receive a rapid antigen test on Oct. 24th would we be safe (and within the 3 days before boarding) or is Oct. 27th considered one day (which would then mean we need to get our test no sooner than Oct. 25th)?

Fouremco, maybe you can assist me and give me your advice on this.

Thank you.

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

12 minutes ago, NWT Cruiser said:

Fully vaccinated guests 5 years of age and older must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day on sailings that are 10 nights or longer only. Testing is not required for fully vaccinated guests on shorter itineraries. 

I can't remember how this works ... our 14 night cruise leaves Cape Liberty on Oct. 27th.  We are leaving our hometown on Oct. 25th at 6 AM and will be spending two nights in New York City.  If we receive a rapid antigen test on Oct. 24th would we be safe (and within the 3 days before boarding) or is Oct. 27th considered one day (which would then mean we need to get our test no sooner than Oct. 25th)?

Thank you.

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

If you want @Fouremco to be notified you need to type an at sign (@) and the first few letter of his username. Wait a bit and a list of matches will popup. Find his username and tap / click on the name. If done properly the name will appear in a blue bubble, as it does in this post.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NWT Cruiser said:

Thank you.

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

Based on RCI's wording, a test taken on the 24th certainly meets their requirements. Looking at it logically:

Oct 27 - boarding day

Oct 26 - 1st day before boarding day

Oct 25 - 2nd day before boarding day

Oct 24 - 3rd day before boarding day

That said, I understand your concern, as cruise line websites frequently state one thing but mean another. You might want to verify with RCI whether or not testing on the 24th meets the requirements according to their interpretation.

While your cruise doesn't come to Canada, note that RCI's current website has incorrect information for cruises to or embarking in Canada. The GOC requirement for PCR testing is within 72 hours of boarding, but RCI states that "Vaccinated guests must show a negative test result for a supervised PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day."

@Fouremco  Can you please assist me with the above message.

@broberts Thank you for letting me know how to notify people on this Message Board.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Based on RCI's wording, a test taken on the 24th certainly meets their requirements. Looking at it logically:

Oct 27 - boarding day

Oct 26 - 1st day before boarding day

Oct 25 - 2nd day before boarding day

Oct 24 - 3rd day before boarding day

Thanks for your thought on this.  This is how I read it also, but like you said, I'll phone RCI to confirm.  Thanks, again.

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

• Like 1