Upgrade Offers, Worth It...?

NavyCruiser

TA just called back & said that the initial $249 pp upgrade from inside to verandah was a great deal, & agree with most of u above that paying to upgrade to Vista suite may not be worth it.  

So big Thanks for your inputs.

They won't come off from the Neptune suite upgrade pricing, so it's out of our budget.

However, she stated that there's lots of Vista suites still avail on our sailing this Sunday, so HAL may offer a free/complimentary upgrade to Vista at the port... 😀

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:40 PM, NavyCruiser said:

since it doesn't seem to add much value/perks, besides a little more space, which we don't need.

For space, Vista cabins have about 30-something extra sq feet than average veranda cabins.  That extra space is due to them being about 3-4' deeper than regular veranda cabins.  Although somewhat extra space, it isn't really that noticeable--certainly not suite-like space.  Depending on what deck your current verandah cabin is on, your cabin may actually have more space than a Vista once you include the balcony.  Some of the Deck 4 balconies are more than double deep--absolutely huge.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

For space, Vista cabins have about 30-something extra sq feet than average veranda cabins.  That extra space is due to them being about 3-4' deeper than regular veranda cabins.  Although somewhat extra space, it isn't really that noticeable--certainly not suite-like space.  Depending on what deck your current verandah cabin is on, your cabin may actually have more space than a Vista once you include the balcony.  Some of the Deck 4 balconies are more than double deep--absolutely huge.

Very true.  I accidentally got one of those large balconies for the first week of a two week cruise.  I took a vista upsell for the second.  I was stunned and not in a good way.  First I thought that is a vista suite.  Second thought was, where is the rest of the balcony. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Seaside99 said:

Yesterday, through our TA we were offered an upsell from a Signature Suite to a Neptune SA for $799 USD for a 23 day Panama transit. Less than $35/P/day. And, we were able to “see” the cabin before deciding. We took the offer.

Safe travels all.

On a 7 day cruise I expect to pay $200-300 (so about the same per day), but it varies based on how well cabins are selling.