Long Beach CA carnival Panorama hotel near?

kona_wahine

10 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

If we fly in the day before is their a hotel within walking distance? I’m looking at google maps and see a double tree but can’t tell if it’s walkable. Any other suggestions appreciated!

The hotel thats truly within walking distance is The Queen Mary which is adjacent to the cruise terminal. Unfortunately not open right now but there are rumblings that it will be reopening in the Fall. 

Hotel Maya which is a Doubletree is technically walkable but it's about 15-18 minutes dragging luggage. Totally doable if you don't have any mobility issues but along a small sidewalk through a park along the waterfront-- can be hot and you are a bit exposed in the (rare) event of bad weather.

I haven't stayed at Hotel Maya-- only a couple times precruise at the QM-- so someone else might know if they run a shuttle on a cruise departure day. It would make sense if they did. 

• Like 1

I went ahead and booked so we are flying into SNA, decided to go ahead and book the day before. The hotel above is sold out. Just need somewhere for a night. Any suggestions? We aren’t picky. Will be arriving around 5:00 so maybe best to stay near the airport?

Queen Mary, interesting but probably going to be expensive for just a night. We go in February. I’ll take a look thou. Thanks for the suggestion. 

1 hour ago, kona_wahine said:

The hotel above is sold out. Just need somewhere for a night. Any suggestions? We aren’t picky. Will be arriving around 5:00 so maybe best to stay near the airport?

There is a Residence Inn by Marriott thats just on the other side of the Queens Way from the Hotel Maya. Again, can't speak to the hotel specifically as I haven't stayed there but its still close to the cruise terminal. Here you would be 20 min+ walking so barring a shuttle it wouldn't be that much fun. 

Outside of those three you are going to be taking an Uber/Lyft or taxi to the pier anyway so it really wouldn't matter if you stayed at the airport if there was a decent deal. 

1 hour ago, kona_wahine said:

Queen Mary, interesting but probably going to be expensive for just a night. We go in February. I’ll take a look thou. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Historically the Hotel Queen Mary has not been outrageously expensive-- there are more budget friendly accommodation that is priced accordingly if you don't spring for the wood paneled lined former First Class cabins and suites. These are called "Standard Staterooms" and could be had for very similar rates to the Maya, and sometimes for less. Who knows what the prices will be when they reopen but if you can get a decent deal you really cant beat the proximity to the cruise terminal as well as the spectacular history of the ship itself. 

6 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

I went ahead and booked so we are flying into SNA, decided to go ahead and book the day before. The hotel above is sold out. Just need somewhere for a night. Any suggestions? We aren’t picky. Will be arriving around 5:00 so maybe best to stay near the airport?

By John Wayne Airport look at the Irvine Marriott, Renaissance Newport Beach, Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, Hyatt Regency Irvine, Sonesta and Hilton Irvine. Hyatt Regency Irvine may not be taking reservations yet, it is coming out of an extensive rehab.

The simple answer is no, no walkable hotels for Carnival.

Given how late you arrive, I'd go for the hotel by SNA option. I think all the ones above have airport shuttles, then you can Uber or cab the next day. If you stayed in downtown Long Beach, you'd have to Uber to the hotel, then Uber to the ship.

• Like 1

I know you said its sold out, but for others...we just stayed at the Hotel Maya . They shuttled us over ( we also parked there for the week). On the way back we didnt want to wait for the shuttle so we walked back to the hotel, suitcases and all. Was pretty easy

Hotel Maya seems to have a 2 night minimum.  If you only want one night, it will indicate "no rooms available", but if you put in two nights, there ARE rooms.  We wanted to stay there prior to our upcoming January cruise, but we're flying in the day before, so there's no need for two nights.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 12:05 PM, pcvtmom said:

Hotel Maya seems to have a 2 night minimum.  If you only want one night, it will indicate "no rooms available", but if you put in two nights, there ARE rooms.  We wanted to stay there prior to our upcoming January cruise, but we're flying in the day before, so there's no need for two nights.

Their cruise and park package doesn't have the 2 night minimum and even says so on their website.  You can call them directly to make a reservation under that package also.

• 2 weeks later...