OS vs VS R Class Ship

howiefrommd

VS are at the very front of the ship, so you will feel the most movement, you may notice anchor chain noise in tender ports, and the balcony will be windy when the ship is moving.

OS are at the very back of the ship, so much less movement, little noise except engine vibration at full speed, great wraparound balcony (soot is a problem but crew clean it up).  Have sailed in OS equivalent on Azamara and love these suites!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

The OS I always try to get is 7114 but you have to call very early as it goes first..

Jancruz1

Wow!  That's the one I'll be in next month on Azamara.  We enjoyed 6088, but expect 7114 to be quieter.

• Like 1

Following!

We are about to reserve a Vista suite on Nautica.

Are there any suggestions about which one?

We'll be traveling with family, and want the extra space for them to join us.  We *love* forward suites.  Given the extra space in the OS, we'd get that if there was one forward... 😞 

Thanks.

GC

7 hours ago, howiefrommd said:

And what would be your second choice?

4 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Can I ask why you prefer 7114 over 7119?  Port vs starboard.  [As it happens, we generally choose port vs starboard, but I forget why we started this practice...]

16 hours ago, annapolitan369 said:

Having been in an OS several times, I believe they are preferable to VS.  Motion is significantly less in an OS.  Deck 7 is preferred to avoid possible noise.  We only felt vibration when the boat was at higher cruise speeds, most of the time vibration was negligible.

Thanks so much for your help.  

18 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Can I ask why you prefer 7114 over 7119?  Port vs starboard.  [As it happens, we generally choose port vs starboard, but I forget why we started this practice...]

Really they are the same..I just thought of 7114 first as thats the one I always seem to be put in..

Jancruz1

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, howiefrommd said:

Thanks so much for your feedback.  By any chance are you the same person with a similar name on CJ?

I am!!

Play lots of Canasta on there as there are so few players in our area of California..Who are you on CJ??

Jancruz1