How loud will it get? Stateroom beneath Johnny Rockets

dleahy4444

I think you're better off having a room beneath Johnny Rocket's on a Quantum class ship than Voyager or Freedom.

On Quantum class ships Johnny Rockets is an a la carte venue and didn't seem to have anywhere near the foot traffic it does on other ships- and there was certainly no singing and dancing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

Our stateroom will be on deck 13 (13636) on Anthem of the seas. It appears to be below Johnny Rockets. Has anyone stayed in this area before? Will the chair and foot noise be heard in our stateroom?

Not a recommendation or a suggestion.  We wouldn't book that (those) cabin(s). We always stay away from cabins that have public areas especially above them just for the reasons you are concerned with. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not a recommendation or a suggestion.  We wouldn't book that (those) cabin(s). We always stay away from cabins that have public areas especially above them just for the reasons you are concerned with. 

I agree with you.  I always make sure no public areas are above us.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

I agree with you.  I always make sure no public areas are above us.

Ordinarily I would try to change. But on this cruise we are traveling with my son and his fiancé and they also have  jr suite on 13,  directly across the elevator banks from us. (Those were the only 2 available at the time)  Not likely that both JR suites can be moved in close proximity to each other.  I’m leaning towards staying in the room I’m in for that reason, unless someone who has been in a stateroom similarly situated indicates that the noise is bad. I can deal with some, but not sure I could deal with them dragging chairs and carts setting up for breakfast 

47 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Ordinarily I would try to change. But on this cruise we are traveling with my son and his fiancé and they also have  jr suite on 13,  directly across the elevator banks from us. (Those were the only 2 available at the time)  Not likely that both JR suites can be moved in close proximity to each other.  I’m leaning towards staying in the room I’m in for that reason, unless someone who has been in a stateroom similarly situated indicates that the noise is bad. I can deal with some, but not sure I could deal with them dragging chairs and carts setting up for breakfast 

Bring earplugs - just in case.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree...however...on many of our RCI cruises the suites (GS & OS) have been under public areas. No way getting around that on certain classes of ships but luckily it hasn't been a problem so far.

• Thanks 1