Are positive Covid passengers still being quarantined?

sunsetme

I've read here on CC and in FaceBook cruise groups that passengers are still being quarantined on Celebrity and Princess if they are positive while on board. Some ships are apparently still setting aside "isolation cabins" on a specified deck (seems to be the case on S-Class and E-Class ships) while people on some M-Class ships are reporting that the positive passenger is allowed to stay in their cabin, while any non-positive cabin-mates are given the option of moving to another cabin.

I board this Summit on Sunday and will report back about the protocol.

I would certainly hope they will continue to quarantine passengers who test positive while on a cruise. It would not be wise or reasonable to permit Covid positive passengers to roam the ship or board public transportation - including planes - after disembarking to infect others.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

19 hours ago, sunsetme said:

which deck? with lack of testing coming up I wonder how this will go

19 hours ago, sunsetme said:

ships going to the Caribbean mostly, no testing for voyages less than 9 days

If you had tested positive before boarding you weren´t allow to board anyway. So no need to quarantine onboard.

Those who were quarantined onboard were tested postive onboard! Sure this will happen again. Those people start not feeling well during the cruise and then are tested by the medical staff. When you´re positive you have to quarantine.

The former pre boarding testing has nothing to do with being quarantined onboard when tested positive onboard!

steamboats