Her Majesty the Queen dies.

NSWP

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

The people in the queues are inspirational:  their patience, their reverence, their sense of gratitude to a beloved Queen.  The current queue length, according to the BBC roving reporter just now:  eight miles💂🏻🇬🇧💔

Yes they are.  The British are unbelievable queuers!  The British Police are second to none in their organisational skills handling huge crowds.  It all just works like clockwork!  I have been watching BBC which has been providing excellent coverage. Soak up the atmosphere and enjoy being there!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Apparently Beckham queued for 12 hours

Yes he said he joined the queue at 2 am Friday thinking it would be a little quieter then, but he was wrong.  His group of queuers were fuelled by Pringles Crisps, Sherbet Lemon Sweets, donuts and coffee.

BBC

The queue later reached 24 hours, so was paused for six hours because there were too many people.   

(Later breaking news - a man rushed the Queen's Coffin and was arrested.)

4 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

He really did, and still looked perfectly groomed when he reached Westminster Hall.  Some wag said there was a queue in the queue to greet Beckham. 

I admire him.  Said his feet and back hurt!

Nice to see members of Royal Family, with their young children, on the balcony overlooking the Queen's children holding vigil over her coffin in Westminster 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I admire him.  Said his feet and back hurt!

Nice to see members of Royal Family, with their young children, on the balcony overlooking the Queen's children holding vigil over her coffin in Westminster 

We are in awe of the people queueing in such an orderly and friendly manner, for so very long.  It’s 6.30am here now, but last night before we fell asleep in our comfortable Portsmouth hotel, the estimated waiting time was 23 hours.  Most who were briefly interviewed said it was their way of expressing their thanks.  I feel truly humbled.  Amazing people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Bon Voyage!  Is this for your Baltic cruise, which was a favourite of mine?

Thanks, Marion, and yes, Baltic.  We’ve sailed the Baltic before, but this is a slightly different itinerary.  The real attraction is Portsmouth and return.  So much easier when we want to spend time in Cornwall, which we’ll do after the cruise.  Using cruise credits from our Covid- cancelled 2020 cruise is an even bigger incentive😊

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

Thanks, Marion, and yes, Baltic.  We’ve sailed the Baltic before, but this is a slightly different itinerary.  The real attraction is Portsmouth and return.  So much easier when we want to spend time in Cornwall, which we’ll do after the cruise.  Using cruise credits from our Covid- cancelled 2020 cruise is an even bigger incentive😊

Enjoy cuising through the Kiel Canal.  

Watching the Queen's 8 grandchildren standing vigil by the Queen.  Youngest cousin, aged 14, was impressive, whilst his mother, on the balcony, was in tears. 

Beautiful heart felt tribute to their grandmother from Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice. 

Was surprised to see the King and Prince of Wales visiting the mourners patiently queueing in the long queue.  

• Like 2

There were so many touching photographs of the Queen's Funeral Procession, captured by brilliant photographers, it is difficult to pick one.  

For me the most moving photo was an aerial of the Queen's Fell pony, Emma, which stood between flowers on the long walk with the head groom, and one of the Queen's scarves folded across the saddle.  When the Queen's coffin went past Emma lifted her foot.

I'd like to book a cruise from England which fits in with the King's coronation next year.  The last time I was in England was for Harry and Meghan's Wedding at Windsor. 

• Like 2

Just now, MMDown Under said:

There were so many touching photographs of the Queen's Funeral Procession, captured by brilliant photographers, it is difficult to pick one.  

For me the most moving photo was an aerial one of the Queen's Fell pony, Emma, which stood between flowers on the long walk with the head groom, and one of the Queen's scarves folded across the saddle.  When the Queen's coffin went past Emma lifted her foot.

I'd like to book a cruise from England which fits in with the King's coronation next year.  The last time I was in England was for Harry and Meghan's Wedding at Windsor.