Do You Still Hotel "Status" Perks When HAL Makes the Arrangements?"

jimdee3636

We usually make our own pre- and post-cruise air and hotel arrangements, but I'm thinking of letting HAL do it for a 2023 cruise from Santiago to Buenos Aires. I have "Lifetime Platinum" status with Marriott and "Gold" status with Hilton, so I normally get concierge lounge access or free breakfasts, along with upgraded rooms and other perks when staying at those hotel brands. If HAL makes the reservation at a Hilton or Marriott, can I still enjoy the status perks? I hate to sound greedy or "entitled," and I realize that HAL is paying the hotel directly, but the money initially came from me.

Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Thanks!

Jim

25 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

We usually make our own pre- and post-cruise air and hotel arrangements, but I'm thinking of letting HAL do it for a 2023 cruise from Santiago to Buenos Aires. I have "Lifetime Platinum" status with Marriott and "Gold" status with Hilton, so I normally get concierge lounge access or free breakfasts, along with upgraded rooms and other perks when staying at those hotel brands. If HAL makes the reservation at a Hilton or Marriott, can I still enjoy the status perks? I hate to sound greedy or "entitled," and I realize that HAL is paying the hotel directly, but the money initially came from me.

Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Thanks!

Jim

I have always asked at the Seattle Airport Hilton since I am Hilton Honors, and the answer is always "no."  But I would get points if I had their food venues charged to my room.  I would stick with letting HAL book the rooms in Santiago/Buenos Aires, just for peace of mind.  We had a pre cruise package booked in Santiago, cancelled due to Covid.  You can always ask when you check in.  It pained me to pay more and get no points, but the trade off was the convenience.

A number of years ago when we booked the downtown Sheraton with HAL we were mysteriously given a Club Level room with lounge access, even though I was just a basic member.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Loreto said:

But I would get points if I had their food venues charged to my room.  

If I used my credit card for paying for ancillary charges, then I would receive the benefits.  But, as to my Marriott status?  No, unless it was a surprise upgrade which did happen once from an oceanview  room in the Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel to a two room oceanfront suite.  How and why these things happen is.......?  

• Like 1