Mexico cabin question

Negril60

I have been on here for years as I haven’t cruised since 2014. My husband passed away so a friend of mine and I are Planning a cruise on the carnival panorama from Long Beach to Mexico. I have never done a Mexico cruise. I typically have aft cabin. So my question here is which side of the ship should I book or does it matter. Thank you so much in advance for your help. Carolyn

Well, it really doesn’t matter.  Going out the coast will be to port, but you will be too far away to see anything but a shadow of land.  Coming back, it will be on the starboard side.  Possible more important is when you want the sun to be on your balcony…sunrise or sunset.  Of course, that too will reverse on the return…. EM

Our ports are 

Cabo

Mazatlan

Puerto Vallarta 

we are currently booked Starboard. This is a real challenge as I’ve only cried out of Vancouver once and  Several Florida ports . 
Thank you very much for your help. 
Carolyn 

24 minutes ago, Negril60 said:

Our ports are 

Cabo

Mazatlan

Puerto Vallarta 

we are currently booked Starboard. 

I could not find an actual map on the Carnival site. Here is a representation (from HAL) of a cruise with those ports in that order. 

image.jpeg.235fa0b2c544dea69ce5f4cf809665d8.jpeg

You have one sea-day going to Cabo, three port days in a row, then two sea-days PV to SD.

With a starboard balcony, you will have afternoon sun on the one day and morning sun on the two-day run. Note (1) the ship doesn't necessarily follow the teal line exactly (!) and (2) I have not (yet) visited these ports on a short trip like this although we did visit PV and Cabo coming north from a Panama Canal transit. So I can't really comment on the docking orientation (Cabo is a tender port for one thing). 

I personally would opt for a port-side balcony, but I am not a morning person! 

Edited by crystalspin

On 9/10/2022 at 8:05 PM, Negril60 said:

Our ports are 

Cabo

Mazatlan

Puerto Vallarta 

we are currently booked Starboard. This is a real challenge as I’ve only cried out of Vancouver once and  Several Florida ports . 
Thank you very much for your help. 
Carolyn 

FWIW, we're doing Mexican Riviera (same ports) after the Sea of Cortez (same ports with two others between Cabo and Mazatlan) in a mid-ship port-side mini suite, because it was the only one I liked that was available for the B2B.

• 2 weeks later...

Done this cruise 5 times so far and just last March doing it again this late Oct. 

So looking at your map if your on the starboard side of the boat going down you will have nothing but Ocean view. Going back about the same. 

Cabos is a picture perfect port as you have to tender in and from the boat on the port side you get a majestic view. 

Maz you pull up right to the dock but not to much to see at the port itself but you get a good view of the hills and the houses that are all around. 

PV its beautiful. 

You want a good view youll want Port. On the way back your a aways from the land and won't see squat but you will have great sunrises. Starboard you will have great sunsets.