Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

Internet is failing me tonight. It keeps dropping and then when it comes back it is very slow. If things are not improved tomorrow I think it is going to require a trip to guest services to see what's up.

Going to bed now and hopefully internet will be improved tomorrow.

Tomorrow is our first port of call this cruise - Cabo San Lucas. 

• Like 3

Internet still having issues. Just now back up amd still sllooow. Getting ready to tender into Cabo when I get back I'll check again and I guess make a trip to GS to see what's up. 

It's so strange that it worked well in Alaska and now it's having major issues in a route other ships follow all the time.

19 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Thanks for reading along 😀.  Enjoy your trip and remember things will be different than they were in 2008.

Thankfully, we never compare one cruise ship with another. As long as we have clean beds and don’t have to cook or clean up after, we will be happy! Lookin forward to spending sea days on the Serenity area!

• Like 1

I think the internet is coming back to life. It's been a disconnected cruise for me the last 24 hours. Sounds nice to a lot of people but a little nerve wracking when you would like updated coverage of a major hurricane barreling towards your home.

I've got an appointment for a haircut at 1 and then if the internet is still alive I will get this live caught up.

• Like 3

My last speed test was 84kbps. Marginally better than dialup speeds.

I have received what amounts to a $95 refund which I was happy with yesterday.

They are still working on it and was told it would improve. It is faster than the 44kbps that I showed GS but slower than last night when I was at a blazing 110kbps 😒.

At $14.50 a day I will be back in line in a couple days for a further refund if they are still unable to deliver the product they sold me.

I will come back to this review just as soon as speeds improve above bang your head against a wall level lol.

I do have one important update that I know has been on everyone's mind, I have made a comeback on the duck hunt and we are now tied at 8 each 🤣

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

My last speed test was 84kbps. Marginally better than dialup speeds.

I have received what amounts to a $95 refund which I was happy with yesterday.

They are still working on it and was told it would improve. It is faster than the 44kbps that I showed GS but slower than last night when I was at a blazing 110kbps 😒.

At $14.50 a day I will be back in line in a couple days for a further refund if they are still unable to deliver the product they sold me.

I will come back to this review just as soon as speeds improve above bang your head against a wall level lol.

I do have one important update that I know has been on everyone's mind, I have made a comeback on the duck hunt and we are now tied at 8 each 🤣

Thank you for trying to keep up with your postings.  I’m sure we all appreciate the quirks of Carnival’s wifi.  We’ll be here when you catch up.

3 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

And that's why I don't understand why they are raising the price yet again Oct. 1.  And not a small amount either; I usually get the Value and its going from $11.05 to $14.45 per day.  

Enjoying your review! 

Good morning. I think we are back in business. Speed test just registered 2.1 mbps.

Today is our second poet of call, Huatulco.

Getting ready to head ashore now with no real plans.

If speeds are still good I should be able to get this train back on the tracks today 👍

• Like 5

Back onboard after a quick walk around Hualtuco, Mexico.

It was hot today but not like Cabo. It also had a lot of pushy vendors, but again not like Cabo. We were able to browse without being bombarded.

Much like Cabo, this is not a diy kinda port although there is a beach right off the pier if your just looking for a beach day.

We wandered around looking in the various shops and my mom found a grocery store with some chips so she bought a bag because she has had a real craving for chips.

Be prepared to be ripped off, all the stores round up. $2.10 American becomes $3 after conversion. Or bring pesos.

Other than that the souvenirs were all overpriced and we didn't really find anything of interest. If you never make it to Hualtuco, you didn't miss anything. This port may be more exciting if you do an excursion.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 8:09 PM, pcrum said:

Sounds like an interesting trip. What hotel are you staying at in Seattle?

I stayed at a place called hotel nexus. I do not recommend it for a pre cruise hotel if you are not staying in Seattle for a few days.

I chose it because it was inexpensive but had great reviews and was a best Western property so nothing fancy but I've always found their properties adequate.

It was clean and did the job and for the price it was a great value. But it is very far from both the airport and cruise terminal so that needs to be factored into the cost. We stayed for the three nights so it made sense but for a short stay the higher hotel may offset a lower ubur fare.

One bonus I didn't plan on was it was very close to the train station so we had easy access to getting around.

20220911_221539-X2.jpg

https://www.hotelnexusseattle.com

Edited by jam19872016
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2022 at 3:43 PM, Tobleronebar said:

Thankfully, we never compare one cruise ship with another. As long as we have clean beds and don’t have to cook or clean up after, we will be happy! Lookin forward to spending sea days on the Serenity area!

That's the best attitude to have to ensure a great cruise 😁

On 9/27/2022 at 12:55 PM, pirate4me2 said:

Tell GS that the speeds better improve because you have a mob of anxious followers that want updates to the live review! 😜

Lol thankfully it did not come to that. 

23 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

Thank you for trying to keep up with your postings.  I’m sure we all appreciate the quirks of Carnival’s wifi.  We’ll be here when you catch up.

Quirks is such a nice way to describe it lol 😆

21 hours ago, cruisin*tigger said:

And that's why I don't understand why they are raising the price yet again Oct. 1.  And not a small amount either; I usually get the Value and its going from $11.05 to $14.45 per day.  

Enjoying your review! 

I have to imagine it is almost pure profit so I wish these cost increases were being used to improve the infrastructure but I'm afraid it is most likely simply a case of supply and demand at work. Raise the price until people quit paying it. 

42 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Much like Cabo, this is not a diy kinda port although there is a beach right off the pier if your just looking for a beach day.

We were in Huatulco in Feb 2020 and had no plans either. We were pleasantly surprised how nice the beach at the pier was.

• Like 1

I was just thinking the other day, what am I missing that I could have gotten on Freedom. The only thing I could think of was BBQ.

Today on the buffet, BBQ 😋.  Self serve, so I loaded down my plate.

20220928_143116-X2.jpg

Truth be told it isn't always very good especially on ships that cook it indoors. This was very good. 

I went a little off the rails after not being able to count calories with no internet so I avoided the desserts today. Took all my will power.

Chopsticks menu.

20220928_142403-X2.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/24/2022 at 8:14 PM, Wulfwyn said:

Thanks for the live.  We sail on her in April 2023, Miami to Seattle. So hoping  for the old locks for the canal.  

Could I see a picture  of the soap and shampoo  dispenser  in the cabin bathroom.   Want to make sure there is both.  

20220928_172424-X2.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 4:59 PM, momof3cruisers said:

Continuing to enjoy your review. You’re going to get me close to my sail date. 
cCan you tell me if magnets stick to the walls and door of your stateroom and is there one of the little mailbox type things outside your door?

Yes to all three.

20220928_172130-X2.jpg

20220928_172139-X2.jpg

20220928_172323-X2.jpg

• Like 1

FLASHBACK:

Going back in time to Saturday night right as the internet started giving me trouble.

I mentioned that the nights dinner menu was different sort of. 

It was a modified version of the Cucina Del Capitano menu.

Screenshot_20220924-204251_Carnival%20HUScreenshot_20220924-204305_Carnival%20HU

Screenshot_20220924-204322_Carnival%20HU

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 1

For starters I ordered the cured tuna and Nonnas meatballs.

20220924_205449-X2.jpg

20220924_205849-X2.jpg

Both were very delicious. Nonnas meatball was the same one served at Cucina. Still the one lonely meatball too 😋.

My mom's dinner, linguine vonole.

20220924_212208-X2.jpg

I had the veal marsala.

20220924_212216-X2.jpg

This was also good.

For dessert I had the lemon icebox.

20220924_213517-X2.jpg

Best dessert of the cruise so far! We both really enjoyed this.

• Like 3