My Mariner credits for a recent cruise changed in the computer!

ChinaShrek

I was on the Rotterdam August 14-21. I was in a Vista Suite. A week later I was award 17 nights: 7 points for the 7-night cruise, 7 points for being in a Suite, and 3 points for Onboard Spending. That seemed about right. Today, I logged into the HAL website and saw that my onboard spending for the cruise had been changed to zero. I probably spent somewhere around $700 while on the cruise. So, I think two or three points for onboard spending would be correct. However, how do I prove this? 

Edited by ChinaShrek

• ChinaShrek changed the title to My Mariner credits for a recent cruise changed in the computer!

"Call the Mariner Society at 1‐800‐547‐9139 (outside of the U.S. call 206-626-7359
ext. 8353), or fill out the form below."

I suppose this is a reminder for everyone to keep the final statement? Is there still such a thing?

But, give them a call on Monday and see if THEY can see the missing data without you having to "prove" it.

3 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

"Call the Mariner Society at 1‐800‐547‐9139 (outside of the U.S. call 206-626-7359
ext. 8353), or fill out the form below."

I suppose this is a reminder for everyone to keep the final statement? Is there still such a thing?

But, give them a call on Monday and see if THEY can see the missing data without you having to "prove" it.

I plan to do that, and yes, you are correct, I did not ask for a copy of my final statement. I shall do so in the future. 

25 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I plan to do that, and yes, you are correct, I did not ask for a copy of my final statement. I shall do so in the future. 

Usually you can see it (your onboard account) on the navigator app once you get off the ship.  Hopefully it will be there for you.  The hal website seems to have frequently hiccups where all my history and that of others disappears to reappear a few days later.  Hopefully that will be the case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

I was on the Rotterdam August 14-21. I was in a Vista Suite. A week later I was award 17 nights: 7 points for the 7-night cruise, 7 points for being in a Suite, and 3 points for Onboard Spending. That seemed about right. Today, I logged into the HAL website and saw that my onboard spending for the cruise had been changed to zero. I probably spent somewhere around $700 while on the cruise. So, I think two or three points for onboard spending would be correct. However, how do I prove this? 

Send an email to Onboardbilling@hollandamerica.com to request a copy of your final onboard bill.  They will need your booking #, ship name, and sailing date, as well as your first and last name.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just logged into my HAL account, and it looks all our account activity has been completely wiped.  My cruise history says YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY PAST CRUISES.  I clicked on My Bookings, and it says YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY BOOKED CRUISES. What??????  I'm gonna assume they're doing some sort of major overhaul of the website, and when I log in tomorrow, all will be alright with the world!  This is like a bad episode of Twilight Zone.

8 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Send an email to Onboardbilling@hollandamerica.com to request a copy of your final onboard bill.  They will need your booking #, ship name, and sailing date, as well as your first and last name.

You really don’t have to do that unless you don’t have the navigator app.  Of course the hal website does need to be functional 😛.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

In another thread this week someone mentioned that there is a limit of 2x the number of days for any cruise.  So for your 7 day cruise, 14 is the maximum points available.  

I'm pretty certain in her case it would be 21 days max.  The bonus for being in a "suite" will always be there if that's what you book & pay for prior to any upsells.  The days for onboard spending won't exceed the # of nights of the cruise.  

It also makes sense to take anything "someone" mentions here with a grain of salt - they're saying what they think but not necessarily what's actually correct or correct at this moment.  I include myself in that group of "someones".  

Sue/WDW1972

9 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

I'm pretty certain in her case it would be 21 days max.  The bonus for being in a "suite" will always be there if that's what you book & pay for prior to any upsells.  The days for onboard spending won't exceed the # of nights of the cruise.  

It also makes sense to take anything "someone" mentions here with a grain of salt - they're saying what they think but not necessarily what's actually correct or correct at this moment.  I include myself in that group of "someones".  

Sue/WDW1972

I am simply quoting and said just that.   Here is the complete discussion 

Edited by Mary229

I just went on the HAL website and it appears that there has been a change to a ceiling of 2 days per day.

See below:  (“The maximum bonus days is equal to the length of your cruise”.)

The basic formula is very simple: one Cruise Day credit is given for each actual day sailed (each overnight aboard a Holland America Line vessel is considered an actual day sailed). So, for example, a 7-day cruise results in 7 Cruise Day credits. The maximum bonus days is equal to the length of your cruise. For Holland America Line Alaska Cruisetours, a Cruise Day credit is granted for total tour days, including days touring on land. Pre and Post packages are excluded. Cruise Day credits are non-transferable.

These credits apply to all guests, including 3rd and 4th guests in a stateroom for suite bonus only. In addition, there are two ways to earn bonus days:

• Suite Bonus Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise. For example, a guest who pays published fare for suite accommodations for a 10-day cruise earns 20 Cruise Day credits. Special paid or complimentary upgrades do not qualify.
  • Onboard Spending Bonus Effective with cruises on or after September 18, 2009, one bonus Cruise Day credit will be granted for each $300 in eligible onboard purchases. This is calculated on the combined folio charges for all guests on the booking, regardless of who signs each charge and who pays the bill. Only the first two guests on the booking receive the limit of one bonus day for each day sailed; 3rd and 4th guests on the same booking do not earn the onboard spending bonus. 
Question

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You really don’t have to do that unless you don’t have the navigator app.  Of course the hal website does need to be functional 😛.

I disembarked yesterday and tried, just now, to view my statement on the Navigator App.  I no longer have access to it now that I’m off the ship.

DED6FA79-54AB-4A5E-862C-BF9F0CAADB71.thumb.png.73b35ecfec3f845e8b265e5fd1ab5471.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I disembarked yesterday and tried, just now, to view my statement on the Navigator App.  I no longer have access to it now that I’m off the ship.

DED6FA79-54AB-4A5E-862C-BF9F0CAADB71.thumb.png.73b35ecfec3f845e8b265e5fd1ab5471.png

Ok maybe you can’t see it 2 seconds after you get off the ship.  I am having zero problems pulling up mine.  I had a b2b and I can only pull it up under one of the weeks.  I recall pulling mine up very soon after my cruise soon after but likely not for a day or 2 after as I was busy dealing with several issues plus heading back to work.  If the person emails I assume there will be at least a day or two.  I was just trying to provide something that may be quicker.

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I am simply quoting and said just that.   Here is the complete discussion 

The total Mariner points possible is indeed 3x the actual days.

Suite bonus is again as many points as days. The suite has to be booked at list rate and not through an upgrade/upsell offer to give the double points.

Spending bonus is an additional point, for the first two passengers in the cabin, for each $300 on the 'folio'. Pre-pandemic, the total value of the drinks in the SBP were enough to give that total (with the odd ShoreX thrown in anyway). I have not sailed with HIA, but reports are coming in that it also gives spending bonus... although I fear it might not as it is presented as an alternate FARE and not additional folio charges.

The Spending Bonus Points are capped at the number of actual days. So in a "full price" suite and high-spending, can get you 3x the days of your cruise.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

The maximum bonus days is equal to the length of your cruise.

@crystalspin I agree with you. That’s what we experienced. However, IIRC, HAL said that more clearly previously. 

The snip is from HAL’s website, and the 2 types of Bonus credits are in bullet points below it. It’s sounding to me like there is a ceiling for all Bonus points = to the length of the cruise. (Which doesn’t sound too smart if one has a suite, (which accrues one bonus per day), and then NOT also reward spending).

How do others read this snippet?

(Status quo, or a change?)

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The total Mariner points possible is indeed 3x the actual days.

Suite bonus is again as many points as days. The suite has to be booked at list rate and not through an upgrade/upsell offer to give the double points.

Spending bonus is an additional point, for the first two passengers in the cabin, for each $300 on the 'folio'. Pre-pandemic, the total value of the drinks in the SBP were enough to give that total (with the odd ShoreX thrown in anyway). I have not sailed with HIA, but reports are coming in that it also gives spending bonus... although I fear it might not as it is presented as an alternate FARE and not additional folio charges.

The Spending Bonus Points are capped at the number of actual days. So in a "full price" suite and high-spending, can get you 3x the days of your cruise.

I am hoping you are correct as that will be enough for me to get free laundry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just rechecked HAL’s website, and the copy at the top of the page says “

Mariner Society 

When you cruise with Holland America Line, you’re automatically enrolled in our Mariner Society®. As a member, you’ll earn Cruise Day credits for every day you cruise and for each purchase you make onboard. Earn bonus credits when you pay a published fare for a suite or penthouse and for each $300 in eligible onboard purchases.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html

The snippet I posted earlier was from the FAQs. I think they could have written that FAQ a bit more clearly.

Edited by TiogaCruiser