Side to side cruise

lulurobby

4 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

If in Ft Lauderdale, there is a shuttle that you sign up for, to take you to the other ship, as long as it is there too.    We went Equinox to Edge earlier in the year that way

Did you sign up aboard ship during the first cruise, as you might if signing up for an airport transfer?

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

Did you sign up aboard ship during the first cruise, as you might if signing up for an airport transfer?

Went to guest relations and they set us up.  You take your own luggage off and wheel it to the shuttle.  it will drop you off and you will have a short walk with your luggage to get to checkin

We did the side by side shuttle between the Reflection and the Apex in Feb. 2022.  I personally would take other transportation if I had it to do over again.  It is NOT walk able.  We were added to one of the last buses heading to the Airport. There was a small group of Side by Side people to various RCCL and X ships.  We waited nearly two hours outside terminal 25.  This was frustrating in the extreme for us.

The fact is they want you off one ship well before the terminal opens to check in at the other ship so you are going to have to wait one place or the other.  We were in suites on both ships which helped with the line at the Apex..  I just wish someone had explained the wait to us so that we could have eaten a very slow breakfast and stayed on the first ship until they kicked us off.  Shuttle was free but I think $5 or so bucks would have been better than STANDING not knowing what was going on, wondering if they had forgotten you etc.  It was chaos outside of terminal 25 with no one telling you about the wait or that we would be on the last bus.  There was a crowd of people ahead of us waiting for a bus to the airport and there was trickle of buses coming in and loading.  Just our experience with side by side.

Both cruises were great but the "move day" was stressful.

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We did the side by side shuttle between the Reflection and the Apex in Feb. 2022.  I personally would take other transportation if I had it to do over again.  It is NOT walk able.  We were added to one of the last buses heading to the Airport. There was a small group of Side by Side people to various RCCL and X ships.  We waited nearly two hours outside terminal 25.  This was frustrating in the extreme for us.

The fact is they want you off one ship well before the terminal opens to check in at the other ship so you are going to have to wait one place or the other.  We were in suites on both ships which helped with the line at the Apex..  I just wish someone had explained the wait to us so that we could have eaten a very slow breakfast and stayed on the first ship until they kicked us off.  Shuttle was free but I think $5 or so bucks would have been better than STANDING not knowing what was going on, wondering if they had forgotten you etc.  It was chaos outside of terminal 25 with no one telling you about the wait or that we would be on the last bus.  There was a crowd of people ahead of us waiting for a bus to the airport and there was trickle of buses coming in and loading.  Just our experience with side by side.

Sorry that happened to you, but ours was quite the opposite..   Shuttle was waiting for us as we exited the terminal.  We did have to wait awhile for Edge passengers to fully clear the ship, before they cleared us to checkin.  But we  also were within the first 25 people to get onboard.  My guess is that they were having a bad day.  Lack of dock workers, due to illness, has been mentioned.  

It depends on which terminal the Reflection uses. If it is 21 that is just across from 25 which I presume is where Beyond will be and is an easy travel. We did from 25 to 21 in March 20 and it is just across the road but the exit from 25. The walk is a few hundred yards. The problem is that the terminal you are going to will not be ready at the time you will arrive because the Reflection will have you off the ship by 9am. We went from 25 to 21 and the organisation in terminal 21 then was dreadful. You may be better going to 25 as it is better organised there.

If it is 18 that is a bit of a walk but it is walkable, probably around a mile, as we have walked on a b2b from terminal 25 to downtown FLL albeit we were 10 years younger when we did that. 

Celebrity will transport you but shoreside is usually a mess and you as has been commented already have to hang about waiting for the last airport transfers with little seating available but you are going to be waiting anyway as terminal you are going to will not be ready.

Look on Google maps to see if you fancy the walk. If you arrive at terminal 18 then you need to take a left onto SE 19th ave to the next crossroad and the left onto Eller Drive. It took us 45 minutes from terminal we to the port gates but that was with no cases so it is perhaps 30 minutes walking.

Good luck

8 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We had a similar situation going from Apex to Reflection.  First issue was trying to find out where to go.  No one told us ahead of time, and we asked several people (Celebrity and local) outside the port door and they were clueless.  Finally found one guy who knew what was what who directed us to the correct bus.  Bus drove us over to Reflection where we had to stand around outside waiting and waiting before we could even get inside the building.  Not sure why in the heck they couldn't at least let us go inside where it was cooler.  Maybe that's a Customs thing and not a Celebrity thing.  We also had a suite which may have helped, although I think everyone on the bus was first in line regardless of status.  Nice that they offered free transport but you would think by now they would have figured out how to handle it better.