Seafood Extravaganza

Papadog

1 hour ago, Papadog said:

Does NCL have a Seafood Extravaganza  Buffet with crab and shrimp on all their ships. We  saw video on the Prima....... Thanks

Nope. That was for the VIPs, Travel Agents, and Media that were on the inaugural non-revenue cruise. No crab and no lobster on other cruises. Pro Tip: If you sail immediately after a VIP cruise, you are sometimes treated to "leftovers". 

Examples:

Thanksgiving dinner on the Encore Inaugural voyage (Snow Crab, King Crab, Lobster Claws) - Leftovers from the VIP cruises. 

image.png.327689aa0f9cb56156e96a6f83ceb911.png

image.png.e748e82da4b1d9be1ec1adc98793a3e2.png

NCL's first restart cruise with lots of VIPs onboard - Celebrating all of the holidays missed during the pandemic shutdown

image.png.ed059e847831b1d8baa1b2a7b580e62d.png

image.png.2a800213a9880c93480717ec527b96dd.png

image.png.8681ec929e4b3fd8484402b4a327554f.png

image.png.671fd55e30c66facaa633f7d49658692.png

36 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope. That was for the VIPs, Travel Agents, and Media that were on the inaugural non-revenue cruise. No crab and no lobster on other cruises. Pro Tip: If you sail immediately after a VIP cruise, you are sometimes treated to "leftovers". 

Examples:

Thanksgiving dinner on the Encore Inaugural voyage (Snow Crab, King Crab, Lobster Claws) - Leftovers from the VIP cruises. 

image.png.327689aa0f9cb56156e96a6f83ceb911.png

image.png.e748e82da4b1d9be1ec1adc98793a3e2.png

NCL's first restart cruise with lots of VIPs onboard - Celebrating all of the holidays missed during the pandemic shutdown

image.png.ed059e847831b1d8baa1b2a7b580e62d.png

image.png.2a800213a9880c93480717ec527b96dd.png

image.png.8681ec929e4b3fd8484402b4a327554f.png

image.png.671fd55e30c66facaa633f7d49658692.png

What a bummer....Those videos  with all that Crab ...... what a a great Sales Pitch.

40 minutes ago, Papadog said:

What a bummer....Those videos  with all that Crab ...... what a a great Sales Pitch.

Yes. It gets the Travel Agents and Media talking about what a wonderful ship the Prima is. If you watched some of the videos from the non-revenue cruise, most also got big swag bags. 

Thank

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. It gets the Travel Agents and Media talking about what a wonderful ship the Prima is. If you watched some of the videos from the non-revenue cruise, most also got big swag bags. 

Thanks for the pics......

6 hours ago, david_sobe said:

The Prima VIP cruise also had no upcharges for the Food Truck hall.

I thought most of the food hall was going to be all-inclusive (Coco's is exception)? 

Indulge Food Hall

Dine around the world with cuisine from India to Italy to Latin America and more. With both indoor and outdoor offerings, you can eat (and drink) at a table, bar or lounge seating, and enjoy your fill of specially curated food and cocktails. Indulge has an endless supply of mouth-watering dishes, but leave room for dessert - Coco's is the sweetest spot on the ship with its chocolate temptations, gelato, mad milkshakes and more* (*Coco's is not a complimentary venue and priced a la carte)

• Price Per Person: Complimentary

1 hour ago, weltek said:

I thought most of the food hall was going to be all-inclusive (Coco's is exception)? 

Indulge Food Hall

Dine around the world with cuisine from India to Italy to Latin America and more. With both indoor and outdoor offerings, you can eat (and drink) at a table, bar or lounge seating, and enjoy your fill of specially curated food and cocktails. Indulge has an endless supply of mouth-watering dishes, but leave room for dessert - Coco's is the sweetest spot on the ship with its chocolate temptations, gelato, mad milkshakes and more* (*Coco's is not a complimentary venue and priced a la carte)

• Price Per Person: Complimentary

Its too early to tell but most are betting on charges.  They have a BBQ and Rotisserie place.  I would be shocked if NCL did not charge for those places.  When the Breakaway debuted, Margaritaville was free and included.  After the popularity was too much to handle, a fee was added.  You are kidding yourself if you think NCL is not going to charge for all that good Indian food, BBQ food, specialty Chicken etc.

Lets wait and see 

I dont think you can compare the food at O'Sheehans and the Food Truck Hall.  O'Sheehans is frozen fish and chips, fake cheese nachos, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.  The Food Truck hall specializes in meats which is nothing like O'Sheehans.  We go through this with every new NCL ship.  If history is the judge, there will be an upcharge.  Its not new nor should it be surprising. Lets see how long it stays "included."

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

If history is the judge, there will be an upcharge.  Its not new nor should it be surprising. Lets see how long it stays "included."

Well, hopefully it will still be included for my sailing out of NYC next month.  I will do my best to spoil it for the cruisers after my trip by trying everything on that menu, twice, in one day...  🙂

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Its too early to tell but most are betting on charges.  They have a BBQ and Rotisserie place.  I would be shocked if NCL did not charge for those places.  When the Breakaway debuted, Margaritaville was free and included.  After the popularity was too much to handle, a fee was added.  You are kidding yourself if you think NCL is not going to charge for all that good Indian food, BBQ food, specialty Chicken etc.

Lets wait and see 

I dont think you can compare the food at O'Sheehans and the Food Truck Hall.  O'Sheehans is frozen fish and chips, fake cheese nachos, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.  The Food Truck hall specializes in meats which is nothing like O'Sheehans.  We go through this with every new NCL ship.  If history is the judge, there will be an upcharge.  Its not new nor should it be surprising. Lets see how long it stays "included."

The sad thing is that it is all food from the buffet, just plated nicer. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 2:25 PM, david_sobe said:

Lets wait and see 

I want to be totally obtuse and call everything you just claimed conjecture...but knowing NCL, you're right. The only possible savior in this is that the Prima costs about a million dollars more per room than any other NCL ship. Perhaps when Prima fares drop, then NCL will start adding upcharges. Honestly, I just want good mac and cheese. I'd be happy for a comfort food station of cheap, good food.

You could be wrong, given Frankie boy's desire to be an upscale cruise line (not gonna happen Frankie boy). Virgin doesn't charge for their food, Disney doesn't charge, etc. so perhaps the upcharges will stay away too...at least as long as he is at the helm preaching high prices, no discounts (lies), and luxury 3,000+ passenger ships. 

On 9/12/2022 at 4:05 PM, PistolPete13 said:

Well, hopefully it will still be included for my sailing out of NYC next month.  I will do my best to spoil it for the cruisers after my trip by trying everything on that menu, twice, in one day...  🙂

On 9/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, david_sobe said:

The Prima VIP cruise also had no upcharges for the Food Truck hall.

Indulge Food Hall has no charge except for Coco´s and Starbucks. They thought about charging for single items at dinner but so far they deceided not to do so.

steamboats

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I want to be totally obtuse and call everything you just claimed conjecture...but knowing NCL, you're right. The only possible savior in this is that the Prima costs about a million dollars more per room than any other NCL ship. Perhaps when Prima fares drop, then NCL will start adding upcharges. Honestly, I just want good mac and cheese. I'd be happy for a comfort food station of cheap, good food.

You could be wrong, given Frankie boy's desire to be an upscale cruise line (not gonna happen Frankie boy). Virgin doesn't charge for their food, Disney doesn't charge, etc. so perhaps the upcharges will stay away too...at least as long as he is at the helm preaching high prices, no discounts (lies), and luxury 3,000+ passenger ships. 

If they are charging for a round of darts and mini golf, it would be impossible not to believe the Indulge Food hall will not be an upcharge.  But lets wait and see.

If history is our guide we should know something around the 4 sailing. 😉

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

If they are charging for a round of darts and mini golf, it would be impossible not to believe the Indulge Food hall will not be an upcharge.  But lets wait and see.

I saw that about the mini golf and darts, I had to laugh at the price

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I was stunned the pool table in O'Sheehan's has a charge on the Getaway (and one can assume other ships). I guess I'm just not one to gouge every person I see, so I can't imagine charging for pool, mini golf (especially if it's only two or three holes), and darts...Alas, we need those sharks to ensure my 401(k) keeps on increasing.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 9:51 PM, www3traveler said:

No,  Special events only like the opening of a new ship (and only on that particular ship) not system wide.

The seafood buffet on the inaugural  Norwegian Bliss cruise through the new Panama Canal was a-maz-ing. Not surprising with all the high level company folks in attendance…

35 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

The seafood buffet on the inaugural  Norwegian Bliss cruise through the new Panama Canal was a-maz-ing. Not surprising with all the high level company folks in attendance…

I can imagine.  NCL wants to impress all the travel agents and VIPs.  Its not really a fair comparsion cruise for the rest of us.  As I said, by the 5th sailing we can get a better report of things. I dont even care that much for seafood and that seafood buffet looked incredible.  

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I can't imagine charging for pool, mini golf (especially if it's only two or three holes), and darts...

i'm just off the joy... no charge for mini-golf!

of course the "course" is pathetic. nine holes (presumably) crowded into a small space big enough for three.  it looked like a mini-golf course in a forgotten town where looters had stolen all the clowns and windmills and run steam rollers over the astroturf.

2 hours ago, UKstages said:

i'm just off the joy... no charge for mini-golf!

of course the "course" is pathetic. nine holes (presumably) crowded into a small space big enough for three.  it looked like a mini-golf course in a forgotten town where looters had stolen all the clowns and windmills and run steam rollers over the astroturf.

Oh I'm sure there were plenty of clowns.   Just maybe not on the miniature golf course.