Ensure nutritional drink

kalmich

Does anyone know if Carnival makes an exception for Ensure?  My friend has a medical condition and needs to drink this every day.  It's a special formula under a prescription.  I believe it comes in plastic bottles.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kalmich said:

Does anyone know if Carnival makes an exception for Ensure?  My friend has a medical condition and needs to drink this every day.  It's a special formula under a prescription.  I believe it comes in plastic bottles.

It comes in cartons and cans.

• Like 1

@Elaine5715is almost correct 🙂   Ensure most commonly comes in bottles; however, there are certain formulas that come in cartons.  There is also a nutritional powder that can be brought on board and is the same as the Ensure original forumla.  You just mix with water.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kalmich said:

I would guess that anything with a prescription would be exempt. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kalmich said:

I would have them email Carnival special needs and make sure but I would assume like @staceyglow it would be fine as it is prescribed.

• Like 1

Don't guess or assume, definitely e-mail special needs.

Bring a hard copy of any approval attached to the ensure, so when the security guard and his supervisor, who don't work for Carnival or know any better, you have the approval right there.

Edited by bguppies
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

I would guess that anything with a prescription would be exempt. 

21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I would have them email Carnival special needs and make sure but I would assume like @staceyglow it would be fine as it is prescribed.

12 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Don't guess or assume, definitely e-mail special needs.

Bring a hard copy of any approval attached to the ensure, so when the security guard and his supervisor, who don't work for Carnival or know any better, you have the approval right there.

I would not assume given the numerous things people want an exemption from the policies.

• Like 1