Will Celebrity Do a R/Y Hawaii Cruise from San Diego or LA ?

mcrcruiser

Now that Soltice is out in the LA  marketing area doing Mexican Riviera cruises ,wonder if Celebrity  would consider doing Round Trip Hawaii cruises from  San Diego or Los Angeles ?  These were very successful for Holland America from San Diego  . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Now that Soltice is out in the LA  marketing area doing Mexican Riviera cruises ,wonder if Celebrity  would consider doing Round Trip Hawaii cruises from  San Diego or Los Angeles ?  These were very successful for Holland America from San Diego  . 

You need to correct your title--it says R/Y

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

I'd love it if they did, but not holding my breath. We're booked on the Koningsdam RT Hawaii out of San Diego for this January, and the RT to Hawaii and Tahiti in 2024. We're huge X fans, and would book one immediately if they offered these or similiar RT itineraries. We've done  Honolulu-Vancouver twice on the Solstice, but we love the ease of a RT.

Edited by MustBCruzn
  • Like 1

Celebrity used to do this way back in '09. I spoke to a head marketing guy on a cruise in '17 about this ..asking why there weren't more west coast sailings and why use LA versus SD which is such a nicer, easier to port to access. He told me that X didn't think they would get enough business on west coast sailings!! I told him based on comments on CC i thought they would have plenty of bookings. Looks like they have changed their minds..at least somewhat. 

HAL is still sailing from SD to MX, HI and Pacific Coastal..also some further out to Tahiti from SD.

7 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

The now long gone Century did RTs out of San Diego.  We did it in 2012, and my memory is that the ship visited Hilo, Kona, Lahaina and overnighted in Honolulu.  Seemed to that sold well, and I was always rather surprised when it was dropped.

Yes..that's the cruise we did in '09. We sailed on the Century on her last T/P on her way to be sold!! 😞 Sailed her a number of times and loved that ship!! 😉

6 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Yes..that's the cruise we did in '09. We sailed on the Century on her last T/P on her way to be sold!! 😞 Sailed her a number of times and loved that ship!! 😉

We were also on that trans-Pacific and the South Pacific following.  We were standing on the steps of the Sydney Opera house following that B2B watching her sail out and were thinking that we would never see that ship again.  But in 2019 while on a B2B2B on the Constellation we were in a Mediterranean port and there was a ship with a small faint “X.”  We googled it and it was the re-named Century!  We were only on the Century six times, but it was our favorite ship. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 6:38 AM, mcrcruiser said:

We took a RT on Eclipse Nov 2019 from San Diego.  Great cruise.  

• Like 1