Rapid Antigen Test in Montreal Prior to Cruise

billrco90278

We are embarking on a cruise from Montreal next month. I see that we need a negative Covid Antigen test within 48 hours before boarding the ship. We arrive in Montreal a day early which complies the process and will need to be tested in Montreal. Any information on ways to do this will be greatly appreciated. We are staying at the Inter-Continental Hotel.

30 minutes ago, billrco90278 said:

We are embarking on a cruise from Montreal next month. I see that we need a negative Covid Antigen test within 48 hours before boarding the ship. We arrive in Montreal a day early which complies the process and will need to be tested in Montreal. Any information on ways to do this will be greatly appreciated. We are staying at the Inter-Continental Hotel.

PROCTORED MONITORED VIRTUAL ANTIGEN TEST if properly set up.

1 hour ago, billrco90278 said:

Hi, if I may, you might call the hotel directly and see if they can assist. I was in Europe earlier this year and the hotel I stayed out was able to set up a test for me......the company who ran the testing process had someone come to the hotel and I was tested right there.  I had the results in less than 15 minutes. 

(Just a suggestion).

• Like 1

Montrealer here. I too would suggest contacting the hotel (superb choice BTW, excellent location) or if you can, do the test online. If you want to DIY, your best bet would be to use a free Quebec government web site called ClicSante to help you find locations offering COVID testing.

https://portal3.clicsante.ca/

Select "COVID 19" then "COVID Antigen Screenng (No Symptoms), answer a few questions then enter the Postal Code of the hotel "H2Y 3X4" to find a list of places offering COVID Tests, sorted by distance. Currently the best bet with the most options is the huge pharmacy chain Pharmaprix. They charge $C40/pp, we've used them in the past and have appts this Thursday for tests for our upcoming cruise this weekend.  Best of luck

2 hours ago, debbie311 said:

We will also be flying into Montreal and sailing two days later.  I called our hotel and the concierge suggested Test Mobile https://www.testmobile.ca  You can go to one of their locations, or they will also come to your hotel, which is what we are doing.

If they come to you, and you are OK with the cost, then they would be a great idea. Based on their physical locations, knowing their two sites as I do, you wouldn't want to visit them in person.  Stick to in-person visits.

• Like 1