Hello? Is anybody there?

*Miss G*

40 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

This has been going on ever since the pandemic started. I thought customer service would eventually return, but it has not. After many hours of wasted time on the phone with my last cruise's problems, I swore never again HAL, but I'm thinking maybe it's the same problem with the other lines also.  Anyone know if this is the case? 

I was told by a family member in the travel industry that the many of the cruise lines are using consolidated call centres, so the agent you speak to may not be specifically an HAL agent. They may be taking calls for many different lines. Explains a lot.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

If we ever get the chance to meet up I’d love to chat!

Well, we nearly did.  I'm on the 150th Anniversary on Rotterdam next month, but you had to cancel.  Was looking forward to meeting you after we discussed our funny signature quotes years ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

Well, we nearly did.  I'm on the 150th Anniversary on Rotterdam next month, but you had to cancel.  Was looking forward to meeting you after we discussed our funny signature quotes years ago.

We almost did!  We changed the date of our river cruise so it had a domino affect on the 150th.  We’re now doing the Greek Odyssey leaving on the 10th.  I’m still sad I’m missing the 150th!

• Like 1

I'm so sorry @*Miss G*

I have avoided like the plague calling HAL of late. The waits are stupid insane. And my PCC has been on extended leave I am assuming for quite some time, I haven't been able to talk to her the last 4 times I have called. I know I am going to have to call about some stuff should we decide to stick with our next April cruise but man of man, I am dreading it. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 6:04 PM, opa&oma said:

This has been going on ever since the pandemic started. I thought customer service would eventually return, but it has not. After many hours of wasted time on the phone with my last cruise's problems, I swore never again HAL, but I'm thinking maybe it's the same problem with the other lines also.  Anyone know if this is the case? 

I think it is.  The whole industry and beyond.  I had to call American Airlines once, gave up and tried Flight Ease. I ended up getting through to Flight Ease quicker - imagine that. 

For billing issues or other non-urgent issues I use all possible methods but most importantly follow up with an email.

2 hours ago, opa&oma said:

When we have booked flights through Flight Ease and we encounter problems with the flights, we have been told we can only deal directly with HAL to solve these problems.

I think that depends on the airline. On another cruise  we had an issue and worked directly with American. All went well with no additional costs or further delays 

Edited by Mary229