Port Canaveral luggage drop

ramja96

7 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

Is it possible to drop my luggage off with the porters at the port and leave the area to go eat and do some shopping before boarding?

I don't see why not. You would normally go park after dropping off luggage by going up the ramp but pretty sure you can just as easily leave the terminal. I'm sure someone will confirm.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

Is it possible to drop my luggage off with the porters at the port and leave the area to go eat and do some shopping before boarding?

Absolutely.  Many do that.   

We arrive early to drop off luggage to score inside parking spot in the garage, keeping the carry on bags in the vehicle.   

We then walk over to Grills for a Bloody Mary on the dock next door, until check in starts.  😉  In fact there are many restaurants in that area with restaurants on the waterfront.  Will once again be doing that this Sunday for Harmony.  

But you can just as easily drive out to leave to go shopping.  Some use that time to drop off rental car, now free of luggage to transfer.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

Yes, as the entrance ramp for the parking garage is next to the dropoff entrance so they are separate as in you can drop luggage (or people or both) and leave and return later.  It's the same for T1 and T5.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Yes, as the entrance ramp for the parking garage is next to the dropoff entrance so they are separate as in you can drop luggage (or people or both) and leave and return later.  It's the same for T1 and T5.

Sharp U-turn to the left to go up the ramp to park at T#1....or simply drive straight on out indeed.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:02 AM, island lady said:

Absolutely.  Many do that.   

We arrive early to drop off luggage to score inside parking spot in the garage, keeping the carry on bags in the vehicle.   

We then walk over to Grills for a Bloody Mary on the dock next door, until check in starts.  😉  In fact there are many restaurants in that area with restaurants on the waterfront.  Will once again be doing that this Sunday for Harmony.  

But you can just as easily drive out to leave to go shopping.  Some use that time to drop off rental car, now free of luggage to transfer.  

Hi IL, do you know how early they will accept luggage? Our pre cruise ritual has become breakfast at Grills, back to the hotel, then shuttle or Uber to the port. I am thinking maybe we can go on over, drop the luggage, and then get breakfast and hang out at grills until boarding. Being a growing boy I don't want to wait too long for breakfast 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EBFURR said:

Hi IL, do you know how early they will accept luggage? Our pre cruise ritual has become breakfast at Grills, back to the hotel, then shuttle or Uber to the port. I am thinking maybe we can go on over, drop the luggage, and then get breakfast and hang out at grills until boarding. Being a growing boy I don't want to wait too long for breakfast 😉

Totally agree...breakfast is my favorite meal!!   😋

Believe it or not, I asked one of the porters there a few months ago what time they start accepting luggage drop off.  Was shocked...  7:30!!   But I guess that makes sense with having to be there anyway with debarking pax.  And I think some tour packages drop off luggage early as well.  

I plan on dropping off our bags at 9:30 tomorrow, then walking over to Grills for those Bloody Marys. 😉  And indeed, we see a lot of pax with carry on bags there having breakfast.   Our check in time is 10:30...so will be collecting our carry on bags from the vehicle after that and sauntering in between 10:30 and 11:00.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

We parked at an off-site parking lot on Monday and were the last two people to get on the shuttle.  Our luggage didn’t fit on the shelves of the shuttle and were on the floor at the front, in our sight the entire ride. We sat at the back and were some of the last people off the shuttle, but our luggage was the first off (all luggage is removed before passengers are allowed to leave the shuttle).  There was a group of people standing around the drop-off area, and our bags were just in front of them, basically unattended until we finally stepped off the shuttle.  When we picked up our carry-on bags, we saw that one of them had been unzipped.  Luckily, there was a large luggage strap on the bag, so the size of the opening was reduced and it would have been impossible to remove anything of any size from the bag.  Nothing was missing, but it was disturbing.

On 9/17/2022 at 8:48 AM, island lady said:

Totally agree...breakfast is my favorite meal!!   😋

Believe it or not, I asked one of the porters there a few months ago what time they start accepting luggage drop off.  Was shocked...  7:30!!   But I guess that makes sense with having to be there anyway with debarking pax.  And I think some tour packages drop off luggage early as well.  

I plan on dropping off our bags at 9:30 tomorrow, then walking over to Grills for those Bloody Marys. 😉  And indeed, we see a lot of pax with carry on bags there having breakfast.   Our check in time is 10:30...so will be collecting our carry on bags from the vehicle after that and sauntering in between 10:30 and 11:00.  

I know you're on HOTS right now, but I asked this a couple of weeks ago on the FL departures threads and got crickets.  I know for T5 you don't pay as you enter.  I assume you get a ticket as you go into the garage.  My question is about departing.  I saw something recently that said you pay at a machine in the garage before getting in your car but I've also seen people saying there's a line to pay as you drive out.  Which is it?  We're on Jewel in Nov for a b2b.  We have prepaid for years.  Thanks!

16 hours ago, BND said:

I know you're on HOTS right now, but I asked this a couple of weeks ago on the FL departures threads and got crickets.  I know for T5 you don't pay as you enter.  I assume you get a ticket as you go into the garage.  My question is about departing.  I saw something recently that said you pay at a machine in the garage before getting in your car but I've also seen people saying there's a line to pay as you drive out.  Which is it?  We're on Jewel in Nov for a b2b.  We have prepaid for years.  Thanks!

Yes, indeed currently on Harmony.  T#1, where she departs (as well as Indy) is still the same as always.  We drop our luggage with the porters, then proceed forward, taking a sharp left U-turn up into the garage.  Up the ramp is a pay as you enter, manned by an attendant who takes your Credit Card, (Credit card only...no cash)..and gives you a receipt.  Turn right and find your spot.  

Easy peasy...enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, indeed currently on Harmony.  T#1, where she departs (as well as Indy) is still the same as always.  We drop our luggage with the porters, then proceed forward, taking a sharp left U-turn up into the garage.  Up the ramp is a pay as you enter, manned by an attendant who takes your Credit Card, (Credit card only...no cash)..and gives you a receipt.  Turn right and find your spot.  

Easy peasy...enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

I've been to T1 a few times.  I was asking how it is in T5.

20 minutes ago, BND said:

I've been to T1 a few times.  I was asking how it is in T5.

Oops...sorry.  Though you meant T#1 (Harmony/Indy).   Have not cruised out of T#5 in many years.  We were on Mariner, but it was the very first of the 6/8 cruises some months ago when it left out of T#1, but then returned to T#5.  We had parking shuttle, so no transfer necessary then.  

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oops...sorry.  Though you meant T#1 (Harmony/Indy).   Have not cruised out of T#5 in many years.  We were on Mariner, but it was the very first of the 6/8 cruises some months ago when it left out of T#1, but then returned to T#5.  We had parking shuttle, so no transfer necessary then.  

Thanks!  I just wish someone on the thread on FL departures would respond.