Live Review NCL Getaway 9 Night 9/29/2022

wolft927

14 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So i did not, i was planning on leaving tomorrow morning. But the minute i got the email i searched to book another cruise leaving Saturday out of Miami....I booked the Symphony of the seas leaving Saturday the 1st. I usually only sail NCL but did not want to sail the Sun or the Sky..., First time on a megaship and we shall see....When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...

We also debated booking on Symphony of the seas, but ultimately booked a flight to an all inclusive out of Miami this morning. Safe travels to Miami we have drove through a lot of the outer bands. A lot of heavy rain and wind. Hope you enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hnwalk1 said:

We also debated booking on Symphony of the seas, but ultimately booked a flight to an all inclusive out of Miami this morning. Safe travels to Miami we have drove through a lot of the outer bands. A lot of heavy rain and wind. Hope you enjoy your cruise! 

Safe travels to you! We are going to leave tomorrow give us an easy 2 day drive. It’s only about 11 hours but I’m sure it will be longer so plans are is to make it to Florida tomorrow afternoon stay in a hotel then Friday head down to miami. So we had been booked in the haven for this cruise that got cancelled so got a good chunk of FCC. And the symphony was a lot cheaper as we only booked a balcony. But holy crap their drink packages are outrageous! So my wife and I will be getting our moneys worth lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

Safe travels to you! We are going to leave tomorrow give us an easy 2 day drive. It’s only about 11 hours but I’m sure it will be longer so plans are is to make it to Florida tomorrow afternoon stay in a hotel then Friday head down to miami. So we had been booked in the haven for this cruise that got cancelled so got a good chunk of FCC. And the symphony was a lot cheaper as we only booked a balcony. But holy crap their drink packages are outrageous! So my wife and I will be getting our moneys worth lol

I thought of you when I saw this cruise was cancelled, and I am so sorry that happened. I know you were really looking forward to sailing in the Haven, and I was looking forward to your live report. I am glad to see you booked something else, and that’s a great idea if this ever happens to us in the future, so thank you for the inadvertent suggestion. I think you made a good choice with RCCL and the Symphony, and while your balcony cabin is not the Haven, it’s certainly better than not cruising at all, right?

This has been such a weird hurricane season, and I am hopeful that Ian is the beginning and the end of it for the CONUS. We live in coastal SC, so we will get Ian as a TS (schools have announced that Friday is an e-learning day), and this is why I was afraid book anything earlier than the 10/22 Getaway sailing that I did book. Not only did I want to cut the risk for cruise cancellation, but more importantly, we don’t want to be unable to secure our house and get our dogs out of harm’s way if a storm is bearing down on SC.

Question, though— did NCL refund all your money and give you a chunk of FCC? Or did they give you everything that you spent as FCC? I just want to make sure it’s the former and not the latter.

1 hour ago, rbxlady said:

I thought of you when I saw this cruise was cancelled, and I am so sorry that happened. I know you were really looking forward to sailing in the Haven, and I was looking forward to your live report. I am glad to see you booked something else, and that’s a great idea if this ever happens to us in the future, so thank you for the inadvertent suggestion. I think you made a good choice with RCCL and the Symphony, and while your balcony cabin is not the Haven, it’s certainly better than not cruising at all, right?

This has been such a weird hurricane season, and I am hopeful that Ian is the beginning and the end of it for the CONUS. We live in coastal SC, so we will get Ian as a TS (schools have announced that Friday is an e-learning day), and this is why I was afraid book anything earlier than the 10/22 Getaway sailing that I did book. Not only did I want to cut the risk for cruise cancellation, but more importantly, we don’t want to be unable to secure our house and get our dogs out of harm’s way if a storm is bearing down on SC.

Question, though— did NCL refund all your money and give you a chunk of FCC? Or did they give you everything that you spent as FCC? I just want to make sure it’s the former and not the latter.

Refund will be returned to the original form of payment, and they gave 25% of the fare I paid in a future cruise credit 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2022 at 4:34 PM, Robkat said:
On 9/27/2022 at 4:24 PM, wolft927 said:

So i did not, i was planning on leaving tomorrow morning. But the minute i got the email i searched to book another cruise leaving Saturday out of Miami....I booked the Symphony of the seas leaving Saturday the 1st. I usually only sail NCL but did not want to sail the Sun or the Sky..., First time on a megaship and we shall see....When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...

I was stating in the haven too and did the exact same thing you did. Searched all options. Symphony was best. 8 days southern Caribbean. 

I’ve been on her before. I feel you don’t need a suite on oasis class, it’s a ship to explore. Got the dining package and drink package so a good time will be had by all!

• Like 3

No matter the reason it still is a major hassle to have a cruise cancelled. That's one reason I always cruise out of NY which is only an hour or so from home. At least if something happens I don't have airfare and hotels etc. to worry about. We had a major snowstorm one year when we were flying to Miami for a cruise with our three children. What a mess, but we made it. After that we said NY from now on. Of course a lot easier now that I'm solo and retired.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 4:24 PM, wolft927 said:

We were cancelled on the getaway too. We are currently in Kissimmee, thinking of booking a cruise out if Miami on the sky.    Anyone know what the drive is like to Miami right now?

can’t find any information.

thanks would appreciate any driving info.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cecil89 said:

We were cancelled on the getaway too. We are currently in Kissimmee, thinking of booking a cruise out if Miami on the sky.    Anyone know what the drive is like to Miami right now?

can’t find any information.

thanks would appreciate any driving info.

I am in Miami now, drive down yesterday from NC, drive wasn’t bead windy and a light rain once you hit Jacksonville, everything should be good today 

• Like 1