covid testing for alaska / canada cruise on quantum

allennn

11 minutes ago, allennn said:

We are cruising 9/19 on quantum and we are seeing conflicting instructions on whether we need to get tested before the cruise or not.  Everyone in the party is fully vaccinated.  Does anyone know for sure if we have to get tested?

It is very important that you read and follow the directions provided by the cruise line for your cruise, not random information on the internet. There is no conflicting information. The requirements for your cruise is crystal clear. And make sure that you complete your registration on ArriveCAN for each member of your party, you will need to provide your QR codes. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

REQUIRED TESTING FOR GUESTS SAILING FROM U.S. HOME PORTS WITH STOPS IN BERMUDA OR CANADA 

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing 

Before arriving on boarding day, you'll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense

• Vaccinated guests must show a negative test result for a supervised PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Note: Kids age 11 and younger who have been vaccinated may follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.  
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a supervised PCR test (not antigen) taken no more than 3 days before boarding day.
  • Unvaccinated kids' pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids' test at the terminal.

Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.  

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I just returned from a cruise on Ovation out of Seattle.  Yes, you do still need to test prior to the cruise.  It's due to the stop in Canada.

We were probably with you! Just got off yesterday and had a perfect time. I hope you enjoyed your cruise as much as we did.

1 minute ago, justKirbo said:

We were probably with you! Just got off yesterday and had a perfect time. I hope you enjoyed your cruise as much as we did.

We had a great time!  Weather was great.  Entertainment was awesome.  Even the food seemed better.  We met a lot of great people.  I'd say it was one of our better cruises.  Glad you enjoyed it as well.  🙂

• Like 1

Mostly rain two weeks ago.  Now there is a massive storm (formerly typhoon) heading across the Aleutians.  Could be interesting up there.  

Yes, all cruises that visit Canada need a covid test, both vaxed and unvaxed.  Check current rules on top of Royal home page.

• 2 weeks later...