Shipping Luggage

Herman The Cat

We’re on Silversea out of Venice/Fusina. We’re thinking of shipping our bags with one of the non-Silversea services (cheaper!).

Has anyone shipped their luggage to Fusina? Do you ship it to Fusina or Marittima in Venice? I know all luggage you take/carry on with you is tagged in Marittima and then transferred to Fusina on the coach.

And for those who have shipped luggage in the past, do you let the ship know???

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi.  Sorry I can't respond to the Venice part of your question, but I have used Luggage Forward many times to ship luggage to a ship (Silversea and others).  The luggage is generally waiting for me in the suite, or arrives shortly after I do.  I always send an email in advance (about 2 weeks in advance) to the cruise company, informing them that I am shipping luggage.  I give them the ship name, the voyage number, the port, the date the luggage is to arrive at the ship (cruise departure date), my name, my suite number, my Silversea reservation number, the number of pieces being shipped, luggage color and size (such as "large" or "medium"), the name of the luggage delivery company, and my reservation number with the luggage delivery company.  I've never had a problem with a delivery.

I note that you mention Silversea's luggage delivery service.  I just looked at the Silversea website for the Silver Shore Baggage Valet, and it says "Page Not Found".  Do you know whether this service is still provided by Silversea, and if so, how to find out the details about it?  Thanks.

I have also used Luggage Forward (and I can't help with the Venice part either). In my case I used them to ship my luggage home, post cruise. Got it  about 3 days after I arrived home. I would use them again👍

I have also wanted to use Silversea Shore Baggage Valet to ship luggage from home directly to the ship.

I was told by Silversea to contact valet@silversea.com for additional information.

I sent an email almost 3 months ago and never received a response.

I called silversea and was told the email valet@silversea.com was to only way to make arrangements for luggage shipping.

I am wondering if silversea still will handle luggage shipping.

Has anyone shipping luggage with Silversea recently???