Anyone currently on Odyssey

phillipahain

I usually list Remy in the little 'comments' box on the suite preferences page  on the website. About six or seven out of ten times it has been there when we embarked. The other times I asked our stewardess and it was provided later that evening or the next day. One time they had run out and after a few days they came up with a bottle of Hennessy, making sure to tell me that it was one of their 'revenue' pours, so I knew just how good to me they were being.  There are also usually a couple of Armagnacs stocked at the bar and Carlos Primero, so if all else fails you could ask for one of those in your suite. I actually found that I was enjoying my late night tipples at the bar or out on deck, so rarely touched the bottle in our suite (though it is nice to know one has the option of having a nightcap in bed if the whim takes one).

Edit: We are not actually on Odyssey currently, so it is possible that everything has changed since 2019. and all you can get is a Bardinet or, heaven forbid, Three Barrels.

Edited by Flamin_June

5 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Can anyone tell me if you can have   Courvoisier or Remy Martin or Hennessy  provided in room 

There's no Brandy at all on the list on Web and I can't touch any of the other Spirits 

They generally have Hennessy VSOP, however, on one ship pre-pandemic, they did run out.

14 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

They generally have Hennessy VSOP, however, on one ship pre-pandemic, they did run out.

Yikes on 65 days they had better not its rudiculous 

2 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Yikes on 65 days they had better not its rudiculous 

Hey, we were in Antarctica so they really couldn't just get off iin port and restock!  And we did survive probably on Courvoisier as I recall. 😁

10 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Can anyone tell me if you can have   Courvoisier or Remy Martin or Hennessy  provided in room 

There's no Brandy at all on the list on Web and I can't touch any of the other Spirits 

You can get any of them. Just ask your room attendant to swap whatever is in the room for your choice of VSOP.  That has been our experience in the past 15 years including our last cruise in July. Armagnac and Calvados VSOP could be a little harder to get since they might run out on occasion 

14 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Hey, we were in Antarctica so they really couldn't just get off iin port and restock!  And we did survive probably on Courvoisier as I recall. 😁

Would survive extremely well on Courvousier or any other Brandy .....just the other spirits are the issue 

We were on Odyssey Aug 26 - Sep 6.  My wife is a Bailey's Irish Cream drinker - that was not stocked on the cruise.  In place of it was Maloneys Irish Cream; not quite as rich but drinkable, IHO.

It may be what Seabourn can get in the region or what their vendor is able to get for them. Cost is another factor.