Harmony 9/11-9/18/22 Quick report

Weather was excellent. Ship was excellent. Only a few negatives. Hot food was never hot. Warm at best. Otherwise taste was very good. Schedueling was not very good. Overlaping many. Cannot enjoy the shows if they are on at the same time and only once for the week. The first commedian had my wife laughing so hard. She usuelly does not enjoy the commedian. This time it was an A+. Not Adult either. Ice shows were awesome as usual. Bingo has increased a lot. The pad and 6 cards and a scratch off. $69.00. However it is worth it if you win. Payouts were high. First game was about $675.00 Second game was $999.00 third game gave you a suite for the week. Second bingo, First game $668.00 Second got $845.00 and the third game paid out $1,200.00 All had only one winner for each game. Nice! This was our secohd cruise on the Harmony. No more. Want to see different shows maybe hot food. Getting on was nuts. Over 1-1/2 hours. Did not go by your book time. Everyone for themselves. Pushing and shoving. Getting off was a breeze. Fast! So, all and all it was a nice cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were also on this cruise. Over 5500 passengers! More kids than we expected too for mid-September.

We sailed on Harmony in May and felt that both times the arrival process was a bit chaotic. This time we had a 10:30am arrival time. There were separate sections outside for 10:30am, 11am, etc., but no one was verifying the arrival time on your paperwork, so you could get in whatever line you felt like. The security line inside was insanely long too while we waited for it to open up. But once it got moving the wait wasn't too bad. Check-in inside the terminal went quickly and it wasn't long before they started the boarding process.

We’re sailing next Sunday on Harmony, so appreciate your reports! Hoping for good weather. Bummer to hear about long/chaotic embarkation. Harmony is at Terminal 1, correct? We plan to leave our hotel near MCO at 9:30 to get there a few mins before our 10:30 check-in time. Hopefully the lines won’t be too long that early.🤞

22 minutes ago, alaska2023 said:

We’re sailing next Sunday on Harmony, so appreciate your reports! Hoping for good weather. Bummer to hear about long/chaotic embarkation. Harmony is at Terminal 1, correct? We plan to leave our hotel near MCO at 9:30 to get there a few mins before our 10:30 check-in time. Hopefully the lines won’t be too long that early.🤞

Yes, Terminal 1 for Harmony. Enjoy your cruise! She's a beautiful ship!

• Like 1

We were also on this cruise.  We had a 10:30 check-in,  were dropped off a little after 10.  We were near the front of the 10:30 line and heard several times that they couldn't begin boarding because all the departing passengers were not off.  That said, we were still on a bit after 11.  We went straight to the Boot and Bonnet and made meal and show reservations before lunch.

A couple other thoughts:  

The only other time we stood in line was in the MDR on lobster night.

Sawall three major shows and thought they were terrific. 

Loved our central park balcony and were regular pre and post dinner visitors to the Trellis. 

Had one of the best meals ever at 150 Central Park.  Great meal also at Chops and a lot of fun at Wonderland. 

Getting off was incredibly easy.  Walked off (no lines) at 8:20, breezed through passport control, picked up our bags and met our daughter in law at 8:30.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SplashOfWater said:

We were also on this cruise. Over 5500 passengers! More kids than we expected too for mid-September.

We sailed on Harmony in May and felt that both times the arrival process was a bit chaotic. This time we had a 10:30am arrival time. There were separate sections outside for 10:30am, 11am, etc., but no one was verifying the arrival time on your paperwork, so you could get in whatever line you felt like. The security line inside was insanely long too while we waited for it to open up. But once it got moving the wait wasn't too bad. Check-in inside the terminal went quickly and it wasn't long before they started the boarding process.

Same here. Everyone went into any line they wanted. No organization what so ever.

• Like 1

Cruised on Carnival about 2 months ago. Totally organized. Seperate line for each time. We were 12:00 - 12:30 got there at 12;15 no one in the line. They checked our time and said just go. Got on the ship in about 10 min. Why can't Royal do the same is beyond me. Sure 2000 more guests. As was said. A lot of room to do it right.

19 minutes ago, CruisinSinceIwasBorn said:

It amazes me that for a new terminal, PC Terminal 1 is such a mess. Sailed out of there a few months back and it was just a sea of people in a hot terminal. They have a huge space inside. I can't for the life of me figure out why they can't queue people indoors. 

Was very smooth for us from Terminal 1 on Harmony 5/29 and Indy 7/15.

We were on this sailing as well. Ship and cabin were great. First time on Harmony. Our check in time was 10:30 and our traveling friends had an 11:00 time. We arrived about 10:50-11:00 and the line was a bit crazy. Nobody checking times. 

Once on board, the only line we encountered was at My Time Dining. We had reservations for 6:30 and the first evening we were seated about 7pm. After that, we just checked to see if our table was ready and walked in. Lots of open tables available, just not enough staff, in my opinion.

Great ship and beautiful weather.

Oasis next in November! 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:00 AM, bluecruise456 said:

At wonderland, is to possible to order multiple appetizers or desserts per person or is there a limit for each table?

Yes when we did Wonderland in March we had every appetizer and as I am allergic to shellfish they brought me non seafood version of the crab cones as well. 

Edited by Spurschick
Spelling

• 3 months later...
On 9/19/2022 at 12:10 PM, Mary&Jim said:

We were on this sailing as well. Ship and cabin were great. First time on Harmony. Our check in time was 10:30 and our traveling friends had an 11:00 time. We arrived about 10:50-11:00 and the line was a bit crazy. Nobody checking times. 

Once on board, the only line we encountered was at My Time Dining. We had reservations for 6:30 and the first evening we were seated about 7pm. After that, we just checked to see if our table was ready and walked in. Lots of open tables available, just not enough staff, in my opinion.

Great ship and beautiful weather.

Oasis next in November! 

I cant decide which dining to do. I am going on with my wife and 3 boys aged 6-10, so waiting for a table can get very annoying but we also don't know if we ant to miss pool time with the 5:30 seating. What would be the ideal time to eat in order to see the earlier shows in your opinion? If we do traditional  can we request a table for just us? Have others had problems waiting for MTD if they had reservations? Thanks in advance.